LIVE FUTBOL on Rush-HD: Atletico Madrid vs. Zaragoza 8/28 @ 1pm

Still no score... I have been in and out of the house... One question are these weekend games going to be repeated on Monday nights again or not?

Good question. I haven't heard anything about Monday Night Futbol. Probably not until WorldSport channel re-launches. Of course with DVRs it's not a big deal now.

So far, Paul only mentioned UEFA Cup.

Final Score and Stats

soccer3.jpg
soccer4.jpg

Beckham $31M, Salary is $8M and the rest is advertising, sponsorship, and books
Ronaldo $24M in Salary
Zidane $16M in Salary
Raul $11.5 M in Salary
Luis Figo $10.5M in Salary
Ronaldinho $10M in Salary

I believe these are not euros but US dollars...

Well, the final score in today's game is disappointing. Still, it's great to see live broadcasts on VOOM as before.
Looking forward to the Real Madrid - Celta game in two weeks!

Another physical 0-0 draw between these two teams... Sid & Paul are excellent and have the best chemistry of any English language football announcers on the air in the U.S.

Watched Madrid handle Cadiz 2-1 on GolTV. Robinho got in for about 20 minutes at the end and had some brilliant flashes. Also a couple of mistakes. But he looks veerrrry exciting. If RM finds a spot on the pitch where La Bestia is comfortable, look out. He was great with Sevilla and can be really dangerous in the box on set plays.

As a Barca fan I am worried about this season. Last year was magical and I'm afraid our lack of size will finally catch up with us. Once again the league is deep and there are lots of teams with enough heart -- like Getafe, or Depo -- that can challenge you on any night, especially at home.

Here is another email from Paul:

Cheers, glad you enjoyed it: it was good to be back, even though the Calderon is my least favourite ground.- Basically you are really high up in a small (very hot) cabin with a wobbly table - We only had an 8 inch screen for replays, which coupled with the (almost invisible blue numbers on the At Mad shirts meant the players were so hard to distinguish..)

Still i think it went off OK and as always it's great fun, just a shame there is a week off for international games.

Talking about RMTV, Sid and I spent the month of June commentating on loads of old RM games (42!!!) for them.We energed from the studio pale as ghosts.

We also did a lot of overdubs for already recorded programmes. It is not top quality material, but i suppose if you are a RM fan it's what you want to see.

As far as satillite coverage, i think it is avavilable of the Astra and Hispasat satillites, but you probably know more about that than i do.

Looking ahead to the season, we may do UEFA Cup, but that may be curtailed a bit by the Euroleague basketball, but they say no Copa del Rey.

Nevertheless, as it is a World Cup year, there are about 5 or 6 midweek league games becaue the season is a bit shorter.

So far so good, after one game Athletic Bilbao top of the table (personally, I'd end the season now so we could be Champions!!!!)

One final thing, Robinho looks very good cheers PAUL

Since we have to take it down from our HDTV Home Page, I will leave the picture of Paul and Sid, here in this thread:

PaulAndSid1.JPG

Eagles Farewell tour on NBC 8pm ET

August 2005 Voom Originals Highlights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)