LiL channel number change

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sandman989

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Michigan
How do you get DirecTV to change the channel number in the guide for a local channel you are receiving from them off satellite? I know you're supposed to email Tribune Media Services to get a channel added or edited for OTA channels coming through the AM-21, but I can't find anything about getting a satellite delivered channel changed.

The channel itself changed its number over a year and a half ago. WFQX out of Cadillac, MI is the station in question. In August 2009 they changed their RF channel number, virtual channel number, and on-air branding from 33 to 32. However, the DirecTV guide still lists the channel as 33. It is branded as 32-1 in the guide for OTA through the AM-21, though. I would like to see them change the number of the satellite delivered channel from 33 to 32.

I don't know where to send you that would get results. Tribune handles the OTA data but you just want the channel mapping changed. That is 100% Directv.

I think the most likely to provoke change would be if the station were to email or call their DirecTV contact and say they are mapping the station to the wrong channel number. In fact, that might be the only way to provoke that change. Perhaps email the station management, they may not even realize it is wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Changed my Service Address - No local channels

2 receivcers set to RF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)