LifeView LR300 DishNetwork .... free audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sudoku

Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Hi all, just learned how to spell DVB-S and have a LifeView LR300 installed in my PC. The card worked great for everything but satellite. Being an active subscriber to DishNetwork (not wanting for free what they sell) and having excelent signal strength at 119 WEST using an Echostar 301 receiver with their LNBF. However, I got no signal indication on the LifeView card and called LifeView support to be told that their software does not support DishNetwork nor Dish.
Well I reminded the tech guy that Echostar 7 is in their line-up of satellites and could not understand why something is included if it can't be used to see at least signal strength or maybe the FYI channel. The techie said that I needed some other software and that he could not tell me what software and that I could return the LifeView card if I like.
I searched for software and posted here, getting no reply, and finding no software that I could understand or get to work. I was about to give up, I remembered seeing these numbers 11250000, 12224R, 12239L somewhere online and went back to my LifeView. I checked the SCAN settup and saw where I could make some manual frequency alterations and figured that R and L refered to circular polarization.
Well the rest is best explained in the attached picture, I do get some free audio and am happy.
Still like to know is there software that works with the LifeView LR300?
Aloha - Sudoku

Attachments

• Screen01.JPG
    Screen01.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 345
If you want dish network on your PC there's only 2 legitimate solutions. One is the Nextcom R5000 found here.

http://www.nextcomwireless.com/r5000/home.htm

The other is a similar solution Rod Hewitt is developing. Both require a legitimate Dish network subscription and a Dish network reciever. I believe Rods method works with a dish 4000 or 5000 reciever and only does SD, but will be considerably cheaper than the nextcom mod. I've heard it may be around $200 but don't quote me on that. Of course it will also require a copy of TSreader which is an additional $99 if you don't already have a registered copy (but well worth it, in my opinion). Anyway, this is still less than half the price of the nextcom mod.

Last edited:
Aloha Stephan, thanks for your reply and link to the nextcom mod and Rod Hewitt, I like the sound of, "both require a legitimate Dish network subscription and a Dish network reciever. I currently do PVR of a sort using an onboard AverTv Studio and/or the LifeView through s-video from the Echostar 301. Will watch and see and readup on the mods and TSreader. - Sudoku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

switch fried?

Help with Pansat3500S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)