Level and Quality Reading

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I have my aligned and I am starting to tweak the bsc621-2. - I am on a sat, but when I go to the Dish Setting menu on the Coolsat 6000, the Level and Quality are reading low and in the red. But when I do a blind scan, it picks up TPs on that sat.

If I am locked on a sat and have the lnbf set, should the levels be green and reading high in the Coolsat?

Is it possible to have everything tuned in with the ability to pick up channels, and have the Level and Quality read low in Dish Setting - or should I leave this screen up when tuning and try to get them as high as possible?

Basically is the Coolsat 6000 Dish Setting an accurate reading?

Quick follow up. - When I do a blind scan, the quality is high and in the green.

So I guess the short question would be can you rely on the Coolsat 6000 Dish Setting screen for tuning?

Quick follow up. - When I do a blind scan, the quality is high and in the green.

So I guess the short question would be can you rely on the Coolsat 6000 Dish Setting screen for tuning?

You need to be on an active transponder for the meters to work. Go to "the list", pick a strong transponder for the satellite you are looking for and enter the frequency, symbol rate and polarity in the Coolsat.

I don't have a CS 6000 so I can’t walk you through the screens.

The receiver only shows Quality if the TP that you have selected is Active / Live.
Even if you are dead-on a Sat, if the TP Freq. that you selected is not Active / Live, it will not show a Quality reading.

I got one of the "2007 EDITION" CoolSat 6000 counterfeits on eBay. The quality meter seems to respond properly but the level meter on dish settings is worthless. It always reads between the high 70s and high 90s as long as the coax is connected to an lnb. I can hook it up to a loose lnb and lay it on the ground and I get the same levels as I do when locked onto a satellite. It does change from red to green when locked, but otherwise, at least on mine, the level is worthless.

THe signal level is operating the way it should. The LNB LO is operating and the receiver can test it. If you get a low reading, the LNB is bad. The Q or Quality is the signal from the satellite that you have to peak. It is some what like the oil pressure light on a car - just on and off are reversed. On the car, if the light is on, you have troubles. On the receiver if the light is off, you have troubles. On the car if the RPM and speedometer run up the way they should you are moving. On the STB if the Quality goes up, you are watching TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GPB on AMC-3

need help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)