LED's on dish

aasimbeck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hopefully this isn't too off-topic for this section.
But I was roaming around the forums a bit, and found the concept of putting LED's on your dish. I really like the idea, A few bright neon blue LED's aiming at the reflector would look pretty snazzy.

How would you go about setting this up though, say for a Dish Network system, which carries what, around 18 volts?

Where would you solder the posts on the LED to make a clean connection?

There was a company called ds cover which used to sell a LED product that would be powered off the coax cable from the receiver that would light up the Dish.

Not sure if those people are still in business.
I'll check it out, and report back.

UPDATE
Can't really seem to find anything, seems like a pretty broad topic for Google. I'll keep searching.

UPDATE 2
Found this thing http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Winegard/Winegard-LED-Coax-Cable-Voltage-Tester-TE-1400.htm Used for testing purposes, right concept, but not really the specific concept I'm after.

Last edited:
There was a company called ds cover which used to sell a LED product that would be powered off the coax cable from the receiver that would light up the Dish.

Not sure if those people are still in business.
I have a couple of those around somewhere, ones never been used. I didnt think they were bright enough.

I think blue LED's would be cool I to would like to know how to do this to my dish. I walked around at night a few times and bumped into my dish cause it was pitch black out here.

I wonder if Charlie puts anything like this on his dishes or if he lights them up during Christmas with lights lol.

I wonder if Charlie puts anything like this on his dishes or if he lights them up during Christmas with lights lol.

yep he uses brite green lamps in the shape of a $$ like he said were expensive keep sending your paychecks........:):) I guess????

Last edited:
Boy that is cool! I would have the Best lit satellite dish in the trailer park!!

Ditto, But they don't look very bright at all, also, they look like they are just white. I'm looking for some neon, something trippy :p.

Might just be able to swap out the white LED's for some blue or green ones, With the right selection of LED's, you should be able to brighten up pretty well too.

All i can think about when i hear of lights on your dish is a huge beacon telling that thief at night in your neighborhood that you have satellite tv and if they know the difference between dishes it might give them info of what kind of tv you have in your house. just my two cents though. just take pics of it for all of us to see when you get it finished.

Local channels

Receiver Software Update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)