Status
Please reply by conversation.

StevenD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2003
n
Any word on whether or not we will receive L189 tomorrow?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I got a note as well saying it has been delayed. :(

Did they give any indication how long it is delayed?? Whether you are allowed to tell us that date or not, it would be interesting to know if they at least have some private timeframe in mind.

SatelliteGuys! could be the first one to announce the new date!

I guess on the other hand, if they don't say how much it is delayed, then it won't be delayed again, right? !sadroll

You need to add another emote icon to your smile list..... : postal :

jsanders said:
Did they give any indication how long it is delayed??

SatelliteGuys! could be the first one to announce the new date!

I am told that the delay could be two or three weeks.

I am not predicting a date though, this is after all Dish Network we are talking about. I just wish they would STOP announcing firm dates on their chats.

Well, I was watching one of the previous chats last night (I forget the date it said it was recorded, whups) but I did listen closely when they mentioned the new software release of the 921. They said that it would happen in the "end of November, early December" timeframe. While I am bummed about the delay, I'd rather wait for a fix that is truly stable, rather than one that is rushed out the door.

I, of course, realize that many people on here feel that *all* of the releases have been rushed out the door. ;)

So far, my experience has been a good one. That may change today as I set timers for the first time last night to record "Oprah" and some other show off OTA for the wife. I sure hope they fire, or it's gonna be ugly.

Michael

I'm hearing that the update to have your local HD program info in the EPG (like the 811 recently received) will show up in January.

styxfix said:
I'm hearing that the update to have your local HD program info in the EPG (like the 811 recently received) will show up in January.
The local EPG data is for digital OTA and is not necessarily HD dependent...But availability will depend on if your DMA is a LiL market currently supported by Dish, as it retrieves the info from LiL and if your station Identified itself correctly using PSIP data.

January?...:)

Jason

I think customer moral, especially as it relates to the 921, could be improved significantly if dish would stop practicing mushroom management (keep customers in the dark and feed them a lot of sh*t) and allow someone to speak to the issues of software and feature development. Could it be that difficult to have a representative to honestly respond in this forum to the reasons software development is moving at a snails pace. We may not agree with their rational or road map for improvements, but at least we would have some idea of the direction we are headed.

BCH said:
I think customer moral, especially as it relates to the 921, could be improved significantly if dish would stop practicing mushroom management (keep customers in the dark and feed them a lot of sh*t) and allow someone to speak to the issues of software and feature development. Could it be that difficult to have a representative to honestly respond in this forum to the reasons software development is moving at a snails pace. We may not agree with their rational or road map for improvements, but at least we would have some idea of the direction we are headed.
Scott and I tried this last week...It didn't go quite as planned...

Heh, I think morale is going to be the same with or without communication.

If we aren't told anything, we'll complain about no information.

If we are told what's happening, people will complain about what's being done, the pace it is being done at, why did they not do "X", etc etc etc.

I think it's obvious why they have gone with choice #1. ;) It doesn't mean that I like it tho!

Michael

mwsmith2 said:
Heh, I think morale is going to be the same with or without communication.

If we aren't told anything, we'll complain about no information.

If we are told what's happening, people will complain about what's being done, the pace it is being done at, why did they not do "X", etc etc etc.

I think it's obvious why they have gone with choice #1. ;) It doesn't mean that I like it tho!

Michael
I agree, morale at this point isn't going to improve until the product functions properly. I think that it would be a better plan for them is just to be honest and tell us what the problems are and what their goals are. The fact that there are places like this to post informatoin is a good place for them to begin to rebuild their credibility.

Mark is now reporting 189 is now dead and will be replaced with version L210 "after Thanksgiving".

210 is supposedly L189 + OTA guide data.

mwgiii said:
Mark is now reporting 189 is now dead and will be replaced with version L210 "after Thanksgiving".

210 is supposedly L189 + OTA guide data = one hell of a software lock up :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SD PQ Degraded after Using Dish Interactive

DVR921 DVI Panasonic AE700

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts