L & R Polarity?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I can not get Intelsat 707 or Intelsat 705. I noticed those show polarity L or R...

What is that? Do I need to change anything to get them. I can get all other sats with H or V Polarity.

Thanks

Thats circular polarity (Same as DBS but these satellites use Circular C-Band),

Left hand = Horizontal

Right Hand = Vertical

You would need a special Circular C-Band LNBF.

A universal is a KU LNBF with two freq./bands using a 22KHz tone to toggle between both bands/Freq.

The above would require a circular polarized C-Band LNB

You would need a special Circular C-Band LNBF.

Or youd need a dielectric slab to insert into the C band feedhorn at a 45 degree angle to the 2 probes. I believe the DMS international ASC421 LNBF is made to accept a dielectric slab and has little ridges along the inside of the feedhorn to support the dielectric slab and hold it in place. In theory you could do this with any feedhorn or LNBF as long as you have a way to secure the slab in the correct position. Of course doing this will degrade your reception of linear polarity signals. I have seen pictures where some people have placed the slab just outside the mouth of the feedhorn by cluing it to the plastic cap that covers the opening. This way they could easily remove it by removing the cap when they want to go back to linear polarity.

EDIT: here's a link to a page with a picture to show how the slab can be attached to the feedhorn cap.

http://stores.yahoo.com/hightech/dielinforadl.html

dielectic plate

kelleyga said:
I can not get Intelsat 707 or Intelsat 705. I noticed those show polarity L or R...

What is that? Do I need to change anything to get them. I can get all other sats with H or V Polarity.

Thanks

a dielectic plate
ASTROTEL LNBF works very good on all channels from that sat

i had some trouble using a dielectic plate on ASC421 LNBF

and i coudnt get all channels

summit source sells astrotel lnbf with a plate

i am sure other places too as i dont like the company above

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Tube@ 123W On G10 Best LNB?

Need local installer or info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)