KPBI on C band; Should I worry?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carload

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
LyngSat reports that our old friend and Fox affiliate KPBI (Fayetteville AR), currently available on Ku-band at G10R, has been spotted on C band at G3C. Not that worrying is going to do any good, but is it likely that KPBI will leave its Ku band spot?

Diamond Jim said:
Carload, you are absolutely right, KPBI FOX Fayetteville and KFDF UPN Ft Smith/Fayetteville are on G3. I saved then, just in case.

C band people they are at G3, H, FR 4040, SR 29120

Cool, I'll take a look later. Thanks

carload said:
LyngSat reports that our old friend and Fox affiliate KPBI (Fayetteville AR), currently available on Ku-band at G10R, has been spotted on C band at G3C. Not that worrying is going to do any good, but is it likely that KPBI will leave its Ku band spot?
Looks like there's an entire Equity bouquet going there - I'm seeing nine channels labeled ebcMOch1 through ebcMOch9. 1 & 2 have English language channels, while 3, 5, 6 & 7 have Spanish language and the others have test patterns or are blank. No idea if they plan to move or if these are additional channels, or what.

Additional info:

Frequency 4040H, SR 29120
ebcMOch1 is KPBI FOX 33/32/33
ebcMOch2 is KFDF UPN 36/35/36

Of the other "channels":
3 39/38/39 is Univision from Utah?
4 42/41/42 has sound (Jewelry TV???) but some kind of pattern on video
5 45/44/45 and 7 51/50/51 are Univision (currently carrying same sitcom - I don't speak Spanish so have no idea...)
6 48/47/48 is Telemundo (I think)
8 54/53/54 seem to be rotating things, was test pattern, then black, then duplicating channel 3 (Univision) except for local commercials.
9 57/56/57 is black and quiet audio

It looks like they might be in the process of getting things set up the way they want them tonight.

PSB said:
Man! I hope this channel stays KU, I watch it A LOT!

Well I do too, since I have a small dish aimed a G10R that I use to pick up the KU stuff there without having to move the big dish. But from their standpoint I can see why they'd want to move to C-band - it's probably far more reliable during extreme weather conditions, like a hurricane moving in on the Arkansas gulf coast. Still, I do hope they keep the KU signals up there.

One thing is, I would not count on anything on the C-band transponders being cast in stone. Reason I say that is because there is either a huge time differential between the C-band and Ku-band feeds on the two English language stations, or they switched to different programming after midnight. So I don't think we're going to be able to figure out exactly what they're doing for a while.

have to keep an eye on these..hopefully they stay KU :)

The 2 on that Tp on G10 are always at a higher quality than the rest of the Equity clusters. 12114 usually hits between 90-99, whereas the rest are usually 75

I hope they don't move my WNGS, or as I like to call it, the Bell & Howell Alarm System channel, off of Ku. They show my Cheers every day at 6:30pm EST. I guess if it goes I could always get out my DVDs of seasons 1 through 3 and after February, season 4. :)

Tux
The Bell and Howell alarm commerical is on ALL the Equity stations

That one and the Inventors solution one :)

Iceberg said:
Tux
The Bell and Howell alarm commerical is on ALL the Equity stations

That one and the Inventors solution one :)
I kinda figured it was an Equity thing. How about the Mantis tiller/cultivater thing. Or they used to even have a Bible commercial but I haven't seen it in a while. :)

yep. The commericals on there all the time
-Mantis
-B&H chime...that one is so damn loud :)
-Inventors
-Bible one (see that during WEW wrestling) :D
-The Blind people one (the guy who scaled Mt Everest or something like that)

The Inventor one I see all the time during NWA Wildside on my local affiliate..along with the Chuck Norris/Christie Brinkley total gym thing

Iceberg said:
-B&H chime...that one is so damn loud :)
And the thing sounds like a warped cassette when they make a point saying "great sounding chime mode": Biiing-Boooowuouwuouwuoung

I do have to say the instrumental music in the bible commercial is interesting.

Delete (or move) this post if you must, since it's pretty OT. :) Unless carload says keep them. :)

They might just be using these stations as placeholders for testing the new signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nexus-S/Skystar1 PCI card review.

Audio on Sat 91 W from scrabbled chans? For what it is worth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)