korean channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gooey

Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
anyone know if I can get korean channels here in america other than from dishnetwork?

Also anyone know if I can get them in HD? Heck can I get any channels in HD with a FTA setup.

thanks

Hello Gooey! Welcome to Satelliteguys.US. Check the below link where another member asked about Korean channels. No HD Korean yet, there are some HD feeds up there but to get full benefit you would need a large C band system and a very expensive FTA receiver, some DVB cards also do HD, but I would stick with a STB receiver to start with, hope this helps and we have tempted you into the hobby!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=39842&highlight=Korean

I guess you need a high powered PC to decode the HD signal or some other special equipment like you stated.

Can you get any HD channels like ABC, FOX, or CBS? Are the requirements the same also?

How difficult is it to set up a PC to decode an HD signal? and what card(s) am I looking for if I wanted to research this more?

Also why would I need one of those big c-band dishes? I thought that most of the mini dishes can pull in the same feeds as the large one. Is it a MPEG compression thing?

I know you can't view DirecTv, but is it possible to get DishNet stuff?

thanks

This is a No Hack Talk forum, so no you can't get any HD Dishnetwork programs without paying for them, most HD FTA is on C-band. Hopefully another member can help you out with what cards to look at.

sorry about the hack comment and thank you for any help/suggestions.

It would be great if someone could help me out with PC card that can support HD format.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MPEG artifacts?

Motor Degrees

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts