KCTV 5 "bleeding into" Universal HD

kstile

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
Just tried to watch a recording of the movie "The Underneath" that I DVR'd from Universal HD a while back on my 622. At three separate places in the movie, I got the "Signal has been lost" error message and then started seeing the feed from KCTV channel 5 - it was their local news. It was a bit blocky, but I could easily see that it was their local newscast so I'm sure of the channel. On the first two places, I could fast forward through it, but if I tried to just play it, the 622 froze up and rebooted. Each time it was just for a minute or so, but the third time was the last 10-15 minutes of the movie:mad::mad:.

Anyone else experience it? Nothing I can do, but this is just terrible. FWIW, KCTV is in Kansas City and I'm in Seattle. Blah!

I had that with a recording off cinemax recently. It seems 129 is starting to have more significant issues than before.

I hope Dish has an emergency plan quick.

Sorry you had to be subjected to our LIVE!, LATE-BREAKING!, INVESTIGATIVE! channel 5. :p

That's really weird, since KCTV is on transponder 1 and Universal is on (I believe) transponder 27.

I would suggest you email dishquality@echostar.com and let them know what's going on. They are usually pretty good about chasing down stuff like this.

Brad

Thats pretty funny. Sounds like a quirk in the 622. It lost lock on TP27 (seems like a bunch of people are having problems with that TP), and as it reaquired lock it must have tuned to TP1.

Universal HD and KCTV have the same Program ID (0x1122) on their respective transponder, so it seems your 622 had locked onto TP1 PID 0x1122 before it switched to TP27 PID 0x1122. I'm surprised it took a minute or so for it to switch. Just some more of that world class code coming out of Dish Network / Broadcom.

I just noticed it a couple of weekends ago. Since I don't watch Cinemax all that much it hasn't really impacted me all that much. I'll look through Cinemax again and see if there's something else to record and check the situation.

I seen this happen on Worldsport HD sometimes in the middle of some program, FSN BayArea HD flashes for a few second when the Giants are playing and then goes back to normal programing.

I think it E* fault, but could be Rainbow Media's fault since they own both channels, and I don't even think BAy Area HD is even available on E* yet LOL.

I seen this happen on Worldsport HD sometimes in the middle of some program, FSN BayArea HD flashes for a few second when the Giants are playing and then goes back to normal programing.

I think it E* fault, but could be Rainbow Media's fault since they own both channels, and I don't even think BAy Area HD is even available on E* yet LOL.

It's not available yet, but it is uplinked and should be ready to go. So it could be either's fault.

Is the TP27 bleeding into KCTV limited only to the PNW? I have a 24 inch dish for 129. I don't remember it happening when I had a 500 pointed at 129. It's probably coincidence.

I've also noticed it happen with TP23.

NO HD in north eastern pa???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)