Is this a scam? Probably so but FYI if someone see's this.

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
Yesterday I got this email and thought I'd share. I left the header info showing where he came from if anyone's interested. Also I did some searching and found the guy's website at Cable TV to PC

Sam

Return-Path: <freetvandevents@gmail.com>
Received: from cx95.justhost.com (cx95.justhost.com [184.154.48.210])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id ca7si10762108icb.149.2011.02.15.15.30.05
(version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=OTHER);
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:30:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: from leadsal1 by cx95.justhost.com with local (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <freetvandevents@gmail.com>)
id 1PpULM-0003TD-Hx
Subject: Just a Quick Question About Your Dish Network Bill
Reply-To: Mark Flowers <freetvandevents@gmail.com>
X-Sender: Mark Flowers <freetvandevents@gmail.com>
X-Originating-IP: [173.236.111.166]
X-Originating-Email: [freetvandevents@gmail.com]

Hello!

I was searching online for Dish Network customers or potential Dish Network Customers and I came across your email address.

My question is, If I could show you how to save 90% off of your Dish Network bill, with no monthly fee, would you be interested?

Please let me know. Email me or call me.

Sincerely,

Mark
1-877-216-3694
freetvandevents@gmail.com

If you reply he's going to try selling you software to watch live TV via the internet.

Don't waste your $$$ buying software, there is a free website which has all the free TV channels listed and available. Watch live online TV channels broadcasting on the Internet.

At first the website looks like it's a satellite service, but yeah after reading into it more it looks like he's trying to piggyback on freely available online content by wrapping an app around it. No, I didn't reply, but given this is the only site I talk about DishNetwork I guess he mined my info from here which means others might get this too.

Just reply to my email and you can pay me to cross this nice bridge I own in Brooklyn, if you cross it enough you can own it. If you dont reply you can cross it for free and dont have to buy it.

Why no Starz channels?

Am I bending the cable too much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)