Is there an OTA only option with DVR?

samalex said:
Public thanks to Matt who got me all setup. My bill will be down to around $30/month with the Welcome Package ($15), DVR fee ($6), and the protection plan ($6), and this saves me about $20/month. Also we're getting a few channels we didn't have on the Top 120 package, namely Hub and AMC so that'll be nice.

As for using a VCR, we still have it setup on the kid's TV for some old VHS tapes, but honestly it isn't used much and I can't imagine using it day-to-day given how spoiled I am with the DVR... this is why i don't want to loose our VIP722 :) I looked at some of the other OTA DVR's and they're just not economical. If I wanted to invest that kinda money into an OTA DVR I'd invest in a FTA system instead.

Good for you. I feel you on the DVR - have too much on the 722 to give it up. There is another thread that was posted regarding the upcoming free previews. Those will be in HD if the HD version is carried. If you were to order an a la carte channel or package those channels will also be in HD if applicable. I have a nearby neighbor that has Welcome Pack and NHL Center Ice. NHL Network is pretty much all they watch (HD) and the addition of AMC and TBS has been welcomed in their home. Sadly, I'll likely end up in the same boat depending on what the numbers do at the company I'm working for this year. Been there done that and I enjoy the Welcome Pack.

Good for you. I feel you on the DVR - have too much on the 722 to give it up. There is another thread that was posted regarding the upcoming free previews. Those will be in HD if the HD version is carried. If you were to order an a la carte channel or package those channels will also be in HD if applicable. I have a nearby neighbor that has Welcome Pack and NHL Center Ice. NHL Network is pretty much all they watch (HD) and the addition of AMC and TBS has been welcomed in their home. Sadly, I'll likely end up in the same boat depending on what the numbers do at the company I'm working for this year. Been there done that and I enjoy the Welcome Pack.

Last year I lowered our plan since it was up to $90 which was too high, and after this we lost a few channels we did watch. It'll be nice to see Walking Dead again on AMC plus our kids have a few shows on Hub and Boomerang they like. The Welcome Package definitely isn't for everyone, especially since there's only about 25 channels worth watching when you exclude all the shopping, religious, and spanish programming, but these 25 are probably what we watched 95% of the time when we had the Top 250 package.

Sling adapter question

Controls on new tv for Best dish pic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts