Is there an "end of recording position" button on 722 DVR remote?

anonymouse99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Is there a way to get to the end of a recorded program (when finished or still in progress) by pressing some button on the 722 DVR remote?

I know that if you press the play button, in the list of recorded programs, you can start from the beginning, I did not know if there was a similar button to get to the end?

-TIA :D

You can press the forward button (the one with the with two triangles pointing right) on your remote to zip through your recorded program. 1 press is 4x normal speed, 2 presses is 15x, 3 presses is 60x and 4 presses is 300x. That should get you to the end quickly.

If it is still being recorded you have the option of watching live (view) or starting over when you select it out of the recordings list.

As far as a finished recording if you want to get to the end to see next weeks previews or something fast forward 300x is the only way I know to zip through.

Thanks for your responses. The idea is to sort of watch the last few minutes of the recording, like a sports event, etc.

I realize that you can press 300x forward and get there quickly. It would be nice to be able to get to the end, and backtrack a few minutes to watch. There is no active indexing mechanism, but it would have been nice to be able to at least get to the end with a single key/button press :D

If you got to the end, it would stop, and exit the program, set to restart at the beginning.

Yes, but you can still use the skip back or fast rewind buttons at that point (if you wanted to see the end of the show again). At least that is how it works on my 722.

????

it drops you out of 'watch' mode when you reach the end. it doesn't stop and wait. it goes to the DVR dialog stuff.

????

it drops you out of 'watch' mode when you reach the end. it doesn't stop and wait. it goes to the DVR dialog stuff.

When you play to the end, the skip back and fast rewind buttons still work...I do it all the time. Dish added this feature a long time ago (back in the days when they used to actually have release notes).

I tried using the same trick that works for the guide (type in a certain number of minutes then press skip fwd), but it did not work.

AFAIK there is no "skip to" button in a recording.

Maybe we should add that to the "wish list".

If you record a 3 or 4 hour event, and are trying to get to the end quickly, using FF can seem to take forever - even at 300x speed. The HD channels with the least compression are the slowest to FF or RW through, whereas you can zip through SD channels very quickly.

One thing to try that sometimes seems to make the 300x speed move more swiftly is to pause a second after pressing the FWD button. IE: Instead of pressing the FWD four times in rapid succession to FF from 4x to 15x to 60x to 300x, wait a second or two each time you press the FWD button.

Also, to repeat what others noted above, if you FF to the end of a recording and you see the DVR EVENT dialogue screen, just press the BACK or SKIP BACK buttons to resume viewing the program near the end of the recording.

Hitting the skip back after the end of the program works great. Still learning a few things, now and then.

222k no VOD?

Racetrack Television Network Now Available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts