Is Satellite 61.5 not working any more?

mohitp20

Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Hi Guys,
I have 61.5 set up for dish network. Since today morning I am getting a message on almost all the channel. This is how the message goes..

"You must have a
Second dish to view
this channel.
Dish Network will provide
the dish free of any charge.
Call 1800 333 DISH"

Does this mean all the channel have been shifted to a new signal?
I was woundering if I can just move the dish to a different direction to get the international channels, or I need some special kind of dish all together. I dont want to call them because I dont know how long they will take and I want to set it up ASAP.
Any suggestions??

Thanks
Mohit

yeah its working, just got dish installed today. And im sure the 61.5 is where my voom is coming from.

what you're talking about is more than just the satellite simply working.

can you give an example of a channel that has this message on it?

BFG said:
what you're talking about is more than just the satellite simply working.

can you give an example of a channel that has this message on it?

All the channels that I go to. Even the radio channels. The same message pops up..

Is it a receiver message or a video screen displayed on the channel you're trying to watch?

There must be a bug with what you're explaining because for it to pop up on every channel isn't possible. What I'm familar with is a video slate that shows up for local channels that are located on a satellite dish you do not have.

BFG said:
Is it a receiver message or a video screen displayed on the channel you're trying to watch?

There must be a bug with what you're explaining because for it to pop up on every channel isn't possible. What I'm familar with is a video slate that shows up for local channels that are located on a satellite dish you do not have.

Its not one of those Dish Network Pop up messages. Its just on the screen like a picture...the one similar to when a PPV.

specifics, channel numbers will help, also take your remote, hit menue 6, 1, 1, and go to checkswitch and tell us what it says on there, we need to know what satellites it shows, if it says all or odd/even for each satellite, and what device types are atached.

And are you sure your supposed to be pointed at 61.5? Unless you have specific programming coming from that sat then theres nothing to worry about.

Van said:
specifics, channel numbers will help, also take your remote, hit menue 6, 1, 1, and go to checkswitch and tell us what it says on there, we need to know what satellites it shows, if it says all or odd/even for each satellite, and what device types are atached.

I have full signal (115/125) and the some of the channel numbers are
612, 614, 624..these are the Indian channels..All the channels are not working on 61.5. I have 119 set up as well, and it was working. I did the connection without the switch (direct) so my reciever only picks up 61.5 to check. Still the same thing

Van said:
And are you sure your supposed to be pointed at 61.5? Unless you have specific programming coming from that sat then theres nothing to worry about.
All the International Channels are on 61.5. I have been watching it for last 4 years. Just today for the first time I am having this problem.

You lost the connection to 61.5 but still have the channels for that satellite in your program guide so when you try to tune to the channel the missing dish slate is displayed instead. If you're going to hook in 61.5 alone you need to re-do your check switch so the receiver knows that that's the only satellite pluged in

dfergie said:
Actually there are 2 Satellites at the 61.5 slot... one was owned by Rainbow (Voom) and is in the process of being bought by Echostar pending approval.

The One which I am locked on says Echostar 61.5 Locked.

BFG said:
You lost the connection to 61.5 but still have the channels for that satellite in your program guide so when you try to tune to the channel the missing dish slate is displayed instead. If you're going to hook in 61.5 alone you need to re-do your check switch so the receiver knows that that's the only satellite pluged in

I already have done "Checked Switch" and It has picked up 61.5 Odd and Even only.

BFG said:

I already have done "Checked Switch" and It has picked up 61.5 Odd and Even only.

I think I am just gonna Call Dish Network for this. The problem is out of my control. It might be my reciever cause I am using an old reciever. Anyways guys, Thanks a lot for all your help, all of you. I know where to turn to now if I have any problems regarding my dish. Once again, Thanks, you guys are great..

Mohit

Dish 1000 in Minnesota?

Any other 942 users get an email from Eng dept ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)