Is Dish selling external hard drives now?

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
So I log in to my account and just out of curiosity, I go to the "order from store" section to see what they have or if anything has changed. I scroll down to the "connectivity devices" section and I see this:
External Hard Drive: $64.00
(No Image Available)
Add to cart

I wish I knew how to take a picture of that so you can all see it, but it seems to me that Dish is starting to sell EHDs now. There wasn't anymore information about it (like the size or the brand) and every time I clicked on the "external hard drive" button, it just took me to the top of the current page I was on. Can someone else confirm that Dish is selling EHDs now?

The people that buy an EHD from the Dish website will have no clue about where to get such a thing or how much they cost, so for them, it's probably a good deal. And Dish will make a tidy profit off each sale.

Yeah, 500 GB for $64 is not really a good deal. 1 TB for that price would be a good deal. 2 TB for that price would be awesome, but that's highly unlikely.

Ray C@DISH Network;2559693u said:
I think it is 500 GB but I want to find ot for sure.

So would anybody who sees it on the website. Fairly huge omission.

I would not be surprised if it was that WD DVR Expander, or whatever they called it. They've probably got a lot to rid of.

Must be pretty darn new, too, because I was looking at some of their authorized sellers, and they don't seem to have EHDs listed yet! I wonder if they will, and if the price will come down if they start selling more of them.

$64 is about how much it would cost for a 500GB plus an external enclosure, so it's not a ripoff by any means. Still, buying larger drives will give you more value though.

The people that buy an EHD from the Dish website will have no clue about where to get such a thing or how much they cost, so for them, it's probably a good deal. And Dish will make a tidy profit off each sale.

Not to mention using the EHD as an up sale since they dropped the EHD activation fee.

Ghpr13:)

Lost Sat. 110 ....129 & 119 also weak.

2nd TV Using 722 Plus Use In RV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts