Is Direct adding diginets?

Directv added some, but you'll pay for them. They aren't in the base package and to upgrade will cost you S30.00.
correct. They arent in the Entertainment package but requires the Choice package (this one includes the RSN for your market if available along with other channels)

Reactions: lordodogg
Just saw Hulu+Live TV is adding Charge and Comet. Any idea on why those were left out of that new Nextstar agreement? I guess DTV would have had to pay more if Nexstar included those channels?

They have a national satellite feed that is sent to local stations, some of which pre-empt/delay programming and insert custom branding. They also have designated breaks where affiliates can insert local ads.

i.e. Their stations in Philly, Harlingen and Marquette pre-empt 2 hours for MyNetworkTV programming and WNEP in Scranton delays Carson by 30 minutes so they can have a 10pm newscast and also pre-empts for extra morning newscasts and live events. WPIX used a variation of their "11 Alive" logo and WPHL used their "Great Entertainer" logo, while WNEP just calls it "WNEP2"
Antenna TV doesn't have a national feed like how METV and H&I have one right?

Just saw Hulu+Live TV is adding Charge and Comet. Any idea on why those were left out of that new Nextstar agreement? I guess DTV would have had to pay more if Nexstar included those channels?
Those diginets are owned by Sinclair, not Nexstar

Antenna TV doesn't have a national feed like how METV and H&I have one right?
See Post #39

Reactions: lordodogg
Most likely Start TV will also require the Choice package as well. I moved up to Choice for a while to get H&I and METV but just could not justify paying so much more including the RSN that does not interest me. It is so ironic that these channels are free OTA in most cities but not where I live.

As suspected, I am not getting Start with the Select Package which is almost indentical to Entertainment except with no ESPN.
It seems to me that these digi-nets appeal to an older audience (like myself) and certainly must be lower cost or even Pay-to-Play compared to the major networks.
With the talk of lower priced and smaller bundles after the Disney outage, I would like to see a bundle of channels that are available to people in larger cities with good OTA reception. That would be the Locals and all of the digi-nets (spell check will not let me write it without the -) that they can squeeze in.

As suspected, I am not getting Start with the Select Package which is almost indentical to Entertainment except with no ESPN.
It seems to me that these digi-nets appeal to an older audience (like myself) and certainly must be lower cost or even Pay-to-Play compared to the major networks.
With the talk of lower priced and smaller bundles after the Disney outage, I would like to see a bundle of channels that are available to people in larger cities with good OTA reception. That would be the Locals and all of the digi-nets (spell check will not let me write it without the -) that they can squeeze in.
It's basically Frndly plus locals. With a common guide, dvr, etc $25-30 may get people to subscribe.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

FAST Channels added to DIRECTV Stream/Internet

Fox Weather coming to DTV stream