Is a DVR-HD the right move

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pressman

Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
I have HD and had installed an antenna to bring in network stations from nearby city. I am pleased with my reception. However I can't seem to make the VCR/DVD recorder work with the box. Therefore I record on a VCR in another room and then play it on the DVD/VCR recorder attached to DirecTV box. I am sure there is way to record with the existing machine attached to DirecTV box, but I haven't figured it out. I think a DVR-HD would be a good move, but I fear it somehow would mess up the recerption and options I have now. Are there any downsides to a DVR-HD? Should I stick with a standard DVR instead of the more expensive DVR-HD? Can it be run through a recorder so I can transfer and save programs I really want to keep? Will it affect my antenna reception? Lots of questions, I know, but I need some input and guidance. What deals is DirecTV offering on these machines now?

You should get the DVR. I would recommend the HD-DVR. My reception with the HD-DVR is as good, if not better, than with the HD receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV and DVR

HD-DVR Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)