Invacom QPH-031 Used with Six foot Satellite Speial Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Has anyone been able to adapt/rig/interface/use, an Ivancom QPH-031 with the six foot satellite dish special, without any problems.

I am trying to see if it is possible to somehow use the QPH-031 with this dish.

I am looking forward to adapt this LNB to the Six foot Special dish.

I believe that someone on this forum had a thread on this subject, did some research but cannot locate it.

I will continue to search the forum, in the meantime any informarion is appreciated.

Thank You.

Are you asking if it's possible to use an LNBF intended for an Offset Dish on a Prime Focus Dish?
If so, then yes, it will work, not perfect, but will work. When there were a bunch of Circular Feeds available, I had 1 strapped next to the C Band Feed.

Are you asking if it's possible to use an LNBF intended for an Offset Dish on a Prime Focus Dish?
If so, then yes, it will work, not perfect, but will work. When there were a bunch of Circular Feeds available, I had 1 strapped next to the C Band Feed.

Yes that is what I want to do. Could you tell me what type of setup did you use with the C Band Feed. It seems that I might have to make my own adapter. but if there is one already made for sale, then that is the way to go.

Thank You.

I had a DMX741 C / Ku LNBF and Scalar Ring with a QPH031 strapped to the Scalar Ring in the 3 o'clock position with Dish at True South.
All C Band and Linear Ku was thru the DMX741, and only Circular was thru the QPH031.
Used an external DiSEqC Switch.

If you put a QPH-031 in front of this dish, it will under-illuminate because the LNBF's f/D is larger than that of the dish. You will only have an effective 3.75' dish as far as the feed is concerned. The performance will be definitely less than a 1.2m offset, and probably less than a 1m offset, given the construction of this particular unit. If you want a better match, you will need a Invacom QPF-031 LNB with their ADF-120 prime-focus feed. Unfortunately both of these are rather hard to find in North America. There are places in Europe that will ship them here, though.

Pendragon, I agree that this LNB F/D is larger than that of the dish. Is there any suggestion, besides buying a new LNB, to make this work.

Lak7, BTW I also have and are using a DMX741 LNB and scalar ring with this dish. This LNB is quite large in itself, and will need a hefty bracket to adapt it to the scalar ring.

I took a good look at the picture, but could not see clear where you had actually attached the LNB to the scalar ring.

Will take the scalar ring off and will try to determine how can the LNB be adapted to it. When you had it attached, what kind of quality signal were you able to obtain from the QPH-031 .

Thank You.

When you had it attached, what kind of quality signal were you able to obtain from the QPH-031 .
Plenty for Echo's Circular feeds.

I took a good look at the picture, but could not see clear where you had actually attached the LNB to the scalar ring.
Duct Tape n Toothpicks.

It's actually outside of the Scalar Ring, had to compensate for it, 9 degrees off center rings a bell.
I use a Chaparral Scalar Ring, it has a few extra threaded holes to bolt a strap to, nothing fancy at all.

Came across some thick plastic and will work with it and see if I can make and rig a bracket to be place as you said 3 o'clock. I will be using the scalar ring that came with the DMX741 LNB, but decided to use a Circular Dish Digital LNBF. The QPH-031 LNB is too bulky and heavy.

Did you had to tilt/angled the QPH-031 LNB head when pointed toward the dish, or was it straight on as the DMX741. You mentioned something about nine degrees, at what satellite did you had the DMX741 pointing at when the QPH-031 was receiving the Echo circular satellite feeds.

All I want to do is try to see if receiving circular feeds is posible while using the dish with two different type of LNBs close together.

Thank You.

I apologize for not reading all the ideas in this thread, so some comments may be duplicate or inappropriate to your needs... ;)

For a bracket to hold a circular or other Ku LNBF to the side of your BUD scalar, consider the conduit hanger brackets.
They're under a dollar each. You just use ONE.
Pictures shown in this thread, and proper size to hold typical Ku LNBF.

For the LNBF, if you wanted Standard Ku, I'd use this SL1P by SatAV, which has a scalar to match your prime focus dish.
It might outperform the QPH-031 and the 741 on Ku , due to better match to the dish.

And for circular, I think you've already decided on a common DishNet or DirecTV circular LNBF.
That's probably best.

Came across some thick plastic and will work with it and see if I can make and rig a bracket to be place as you said 3 o'clock. I will be using the scalar ring that came with the DMX741 LNB, but decided to use a Circular Dish Digital LNBF. The QPH-031 LNB is too bulky and heavy.

Did you had to tilt/angled the QPH-031 LNB head when pointed toward the dish, or was it straight on as the DMX741. You mentioned something about nine degrees, at what satellite did you had the DMX741 pointing at when the QPH-031 was receiving the Echo circular satellite feeds.

All I want to do is try to see if receiving circular feeds is posible while using the dish with two different type of LNBs close together.

Thank You.

Use a conduit hanger, bro. Easiest way. You want to see how its done come see me. I'll show ya. It isnt hard, and works fine. I might even have a hanger or 10 I'll give to ya. :D

Pretty sure it was about 9 degrees East .... to hit 119, drive the Dish to 110.
I remember it being Very easy to find the sweet spot.

Well finished the home made plastic bracket, it fits very nicely. Then I read Anole's and stogies5150 answers about using a conduit hanger bracket. I already had a variety of that type of bracket, so picked up the closes size bracket for the LNB throath, installed it a 3'O clock, there is a slight problem the LNB's head(lpickup) comes up or drops to at the 5'O clock spot.

If I use my makeshift bracket, I can make the head comes up at 3'O clock spot. Now how close to the scalar ring does the circular LNB has to be in order to receive one of the intended satellites. Do I have to split hairs or compensate for the circular LNB off center position in regards to the DMX741 LNB, the question is, how hard is it and how do I obtain the nine degrees satellite spacing for both the Ku/C and the circular LNB's.

Thank You.

9 degrees is just an approximate.
Put the face of the Circular LNBF flush with the face of the scalar ring, agle it slightly, so it's pointing to the center of the Dish.
Close is perfect.
If you can, drag a TV and Receiver to the Dish (or meter), makes it easier.

Will try tomorrow with both modification, will use the conduit hanger first, then my own rig and hopefully something will work right.

This FTA hobby sure is alot of fun, and some headaches when things go wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Does channel master software work with the GEOSAT PRO 1000CI?

Polarity Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts