Installer coming on Wednesday, is my new wiring ok?

good to hear. I hate to ask this but I do as often as i can. did they ground the system well? sounds like they were in a hurry. I knew they wouldnt want to use diplexors im surprised you talked them into it. kudos

To tell you the truth, I haven't really inspected the work yet. I plan on doing that today as well as re-routing some of the wires to make it conform with the wiring standard I set in my closet.

The Big Switch

I am buiding a new house. I selected to have it pre-wired for cable. I have one RG-6 per tv going to 7 TV's via a panel in the closet. In my current house, I switched from cable to satellite because of a change in sports coverage. I am amazed at the difference in picture quality in sat vs cable. I now want sat in the new house. The builder wants to charge me $500 to make the change plus whatever changes are needed. They charge $90 per cable. They won't let me in the house before I close. How can I convert to sat wiring once the cable set-up and the walls are in place? I will have a quad LNB, a 522 and a 322 for 4-6 tv's.

Make sure it's RG-6 swept to a minimum of 2250Mhz. it should be stamped on the cable.

Two wires to where the rcvrs will be located. A third running from the each rcvr to the second tv. As stated in the thread, diplexors could be used to eliminate if everything is to a central location. No splitters, barrels must be swept to 2250.

Daystar and Dish (The Saga Continues)

Using Two 811 same house

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)