Installation-Can E* get a signal when D* can't?

mboogey73

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I'm in a rough spot. My new house is in a crappy spot for satellite. The DTV guy said the signal was too shaky because of the huge palm trees swaying, ( no, I can't cut them down). I have E* coming this weekend to give it shot. What are the chances I can get a good E* signal when D* couldn't?

I have to have satellite. The local cable is Atlantic Broadband. They have about 10 HD channels.

I'm in a rough spot. My new house is in a crappy spot for satellite. The DTV guy said the signal was too shaky because of the huge palm trees swaying, ( no, I can't cut them down). I have E* coming this weekend to give it shot. What are the chances I can get a good E* signal when D* couldn't?

I have to have satellite. The local cable is Atlantic Broadband. They have about 10 HD channels.

Where are you located?

I'm at school with a former direct guy, he telling me the direct ku/ka dishes require a 30 degree window on the azimuth, that's a big slice of pie for one dish, where as in Florida for hd on dish 110/119 with a 61.5, who knows could work.

If you had direct out for a HD install, you were probably supposed to get their 5lnb dish. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt that dish use 110/119 same as Dish Network? Unless it's an azimuth on 101 as stated above it sounds like you're SOL.

Adding a new receiver.

Dish 1000 dish and DP34

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts