Install question, ungrading to HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

geaux1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
i've done seevarl moves and upgrades before, only had one problem and it ended up being a faulty switch. But reading all these nightmares and since I am no longer paying the installers it has be paranoid. Myd eal with DTV is they are moving my analog Tivo upstairs and running an additional line to it so my wife can have her own late night Tivo while I wacth late night ball games down stairs on the HD tivo. I am set for a week from Sat. (could have done it much sooner, but I have a jammed work schedule and I can;t fit it in). Is there a chance this guy will show and claim he does not know anything about moving my Tivo upstairs, etc.? I mean I am an Alist customer so I am confident I can get satifaction if not then later in the form of a return visit to finish it and some free programming, but I would rather not deal with the hassle. Again, I have never had a serious problem, if anything I have had them agree to do extra stuff for free. But these latest reviews have me concerned. I am incompetent around the house or I would do it myself. Any advice or gueeses are appreciated. I also got concerned because when I called the install people back off my caller ID instead of the 800 number they left (which I tried first but it was DTV's regular voice mail number which made no sense) they laughed and were very annoyed, but did re schedule. I was going to ask them what their problem was and make sure my full order was on their request but I have bad asthma and it has been acting up and am too exhausted to argue.

Geez, you're more concerned about this than you should be. Think about it this way; for every "botched install" thread that pops up here how many installs do you think occur that are good? It is doubtful someone will come on here and start a thread about "My installer did a fantastic job! I gave him a $30 tip he was so good!" You hear much more about the bad than you do about the good. If you've had several upgrades done with little problem then I don't see why that wouldn't be a case for your upcoming tech visit.

I know only complainers generally post, but rude providers of service always make me leery and I usually tell them to go away unless it's something like an airline where you are pretty much stuck. So that's what made me nervous more than concerned would be a fairer charachterization. But you are probably right, I shuoldn't worry.

you can always call D* and make up some phony story about how complicated your house is and ask for a senior tech, if you're that concerned. Narf said it right though. everyone always talks more about the bad than the good, it's like the NEWS it's usually all bad with just a smidge of good here and there., i know in my area we do about 40 to 50 jobs everyday, out of those we might have one tech do a crappy install, maybe we have all of them go clean, just depends.

Mine is not that complicated, no need for that, if the guy gives me attitiude, i'll send him on his way with 10 or 20 bucks so he doesn;t dog me too bad and call DTv and bitch and get someone competent out there. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Looking for installer in Raleigh NC

Tilt angle is wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts