Install on Wednesday (should I be scared of hidden fees?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robtrevino

Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Some Place
Hi guys,

I took the plunge and decided to get Directv. I ordered 1HDDVR, 1HD, 2SD receivers. I also got the whole house DVR thing.

Should I be scared of any hidden fees when the guy comes to install? What should I be aware of? I don't want the whole house wrapped in cables from the outside. Can the existing cabling be used? I have my regular OTA antenna in the attic. Can this cabling be used?

If new cable needs to be fed to the receiver locations, will I get charged for it? If I will, can I tell the guy to leave the boxes and I'll cable for it?

Thanks for your help.

Your old cable may be good enough to use, but there can't be any splitters. Your installer will let you know about that. He will run the necessary cables without charging extra, but if you want them fished in the walls that will likely cost more.

Just ask,

1. Go to the Directv site and read the list of items included in the FREE installation.
2. Ask the installer to explain any charges before he does them or you will consider them to be included in the FREE installation

As an installer I always explained what custom charges would be...basically anything having to do with hiding cable or mounting the dish anywhere but on the structure.
Most jobs can go in somehow without extra (custom) work but you gotta expect some cable to show. Existing cable will probably be fine but he should recut all exterior fittings and rerun any exterior damaged cable.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Acquiring HD DVR (Current Customer)

Did the CSR screw me out of distants?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)