Increasing Signal Strength With 2 Dishes?

ilmgadude

Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
If I have Dish network or DirecTV service, can I install 2 dishes for one service and somehow connect them in order to increase the signal strength? If this were possible, I was thinking that this might increase the overall signal strength and help prevent loss of signal during bad weather, etc.

Thanks!

'Rain fade' in a properly aimed dish is a non problem. I've had Directv for 7 years and can't remember the last time I had rain fade. But, be warned that in the winter, wet snow can build up on the dish and lnb, and cause the signal to drop out. Here in Michigan, that has been a bigger problem for me than rain fade.
My dish is mounted on a pole about 5 feet high so it's been no problem to go out and wipe the snow away.

Well up here in canada all we get is rain fade. We've had our dish completly COVERED in snow and no signal loss at all, but if ever really good thunderstorm comes through (about 3 or 4 times a year) we will go down for bout 5 min at a time MAX. Honestly i dont think its even possible to totaly get rid of rain fade. I was in a pharmacy that runs all there transactions over sat, while in there all of a sudden all there systems went down. Turns out what happened was a MAJOR rain storm went over the head offices and totaly killed there signal... and this was a BIG dish that was pointed well.

David

Pan Am Sat Update

NBC HD Olympics - ANYONE HOME?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)