In Los Angeles

Yuggies22

Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I have been using BE for a while. I was never able to get all the cannels. But last summer they changed something and most of my French channels wont work anymore. Any way to fix that? Do you know if SC would work better here? I read that I would need a different antenna. A 30e? Any advices...

Thanks...:)

I have been using BE for a while. I was never able to get all the cannels. But last summer they changed something and most of my French channels wont work anymore. Any way to fix that?

The only "fix" would be to move closer to Canada. Other than that, no go.

do some searching here. Expressvu has changed stuff around between the 2 satellites the US can see and the 2 crapelites that the west coast/se can't get

SC will work just fine

In Phoenix the French channels come in just fine on *C. If you are interested in ONLY the French Channels (as I was), you can get the "Toute en Francais" package, along with a generic dish & LNB and point it at Anik F2 only. You will sacrifice RDI (730) and SRC Montreal (700) because they are on Anik F1R. (For the moment, SRC Montreal will show up on 574 from Anik F2, but this is an anomaly that may disappear as they change transponders around.) You will get SRC from five other time zones, so no problem there, and RDI can actuallly be viewed live over the Internet. The rest of the French Channels in the package come from Anik F2, incuding RDS if you want Montreal hockey. I believe you will also get some HD channels included, since they come from F2, but you will need an HD receiver.

If you go this route, you will also sacrifice the English CBC Montreal, plus whatever else is in the package that comes from Anik F1R. CTV English currenlty comes in on 614 from Anik F2, but, again, that may disappear. But going this route made the dish much easier to aim and the generic LNB is easier to replace in the US, should it fail.

Send me a PM if you want more details.

Los Angeles

Thank you guys. I do need SRC from Montreal.

Iceberg if I go with SC, should I keep the same antenna or I will need a larger one for my location?

SC is Ku band not DBS like Expressvu, DTV & Dish.

You need a 75 cm elliptical dish.

Good news is that SC has a deal for new HD subs (always get an HD receiver when starting a sub to SC even if you don't have an HD set - due to the "No extra charge" HD channels included)

ExpressVu, Star Choice, Viewsat, Coolsat, Pansat & much more at Kusat.com, since 1997!

Available credits for new subs who order HD receiver (505 or 530)
$100 hardware credit
$50 programming credit
2 months NHLCI at no charge

Transponders

Lost Channels - Transponders with no signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts