improving my signal strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok guys this is what i have a dish with three lnb's its my DTV sub but the signal is very poor cause my leafy friends are growing ( during this time of year no leaf problems but still most rain storms and limbs moving in the wind block and or degrade signal) lol

i was just wanting information to improve this reception
i know it gets three sats and signal on the first is in the 90's
second sat and it only gets a few TP is in the 70's and i think the third is in the low 80's. i can relocate the dish and it shouldn't be a big problem. i often lose signal when the wind blows and almost certain when it rains.

will i gain anything setting up a dish for each one ? will i improve my signal quality going with a bigger dish like the primestar 27 X 36 type (enough signal to maybe not lose signal all the time) or would it be better to set up a 18 inch dish for each or just relocate my three lnb dish.

i also know i have a couple of switches i think mainly cause i used to have a DVR now i just have two basic receivers on my sub.

if i split and go with three dishes what will i need to combine the coaxes back together.

I will post the exact signals numbers a little later when i can look at the units signal strength.

thanks

If you have obstruction problems with one or more of the sats, I would start looking for a place to move it (if such a place exists on your property).
Making a bigger dish work is possible but might require lots of experimentation. I tried using a DP twin on a 1m primestar a couple of summers back. Took a lot of engineering to get that lnb-pair to the focal point, but I finally did it. And, it seemed to help with the rain fade somewhat, but then when I got a good steady rain about a week later, it wiped out anyway! I do think it was better though, it didn't seem to stay 'rained out' for quite as long as the stock Dishnetwork dish. Mostly it was just to see if I could make it work. Then I dropped dish altogether about amonth later so I put the linear lnb back and that was the end of my pizza dish experience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

36" Diretv elliptical dish for FTA

CW600s premium won't accept WEST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)