Image (not audio) cuts out for a second..then comes back

zea

Original poster
Feb 23, 2016
US
Hey all,

I was having some issues with my HWS so Dish came out and decided to replace it. It was at that time that the really friendly Dish tech showed me how to update to the Carbon UI - are they supposed to do that?

Anyway, I'm on version U204 and everything works great, except every 10-15 minutes, though it seems to be mostly at random times, the image will black out for a second, but not the audio. Sometimes it'll black out 2-3 times, but it always comes back - and when I say black out, it's almost as it's a quick second flash of black, and then back to the picture. I find it extra odd that the audio remains working during this whole time.

I have two Joeys in the house, and this doesn't happen on either of them. This also doesn't happen on Dish Anywhere. The DVR also doesn't record these black outs, so it MUST be happening between HWS to my TV. I've tried a new HDMI cable and bypassing my receiver altogether, and I've tried other HDMI ports, but it still happens. None of my other devices connected to my TV do this. Is there an issue with my new Hopper, perhaps on its HDMI port, or could this be a bug in U204? Thanks!

Edit: I should probably note that this blacking out issue was NOT the issue I had before with my previous HWS, and this is the first time I'm experiencing it.

Hopper 3 locking up

DISH announced Long Term Cricket Offering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts