i'm checking if i have my c band lnbf installed wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
my scanned tp's with the azbox were reversed from what the list says. for example. list says 4167v6614 on 95w. both the azbox and the s9 show 4166h6614. other tp's show the same reversal. I might have my lnbf turned 90 degrees? charlie

I am using a ws international esx242 that I got from Walt. I had it set so the zero point was straight up when I was pointed at my south satellite. I just changed it out to a geosat C1 and am scanning again to find out what is what. should I have pointed the zero point to the left or right? charlie

ok, changed to the geosat c1. now polarities are correct. it must have been the esx242. I like that lnbf because it seems to have the best reception. will try this one for a change and see what happens. charlie

Yes with the 242 you need to have the "0" at either 3 or 9 'o clock position.

i'm laughing at myself now. these events started when my new microhd would not move the dish properly. so changed to the azbox. well, the azbox was moving the dish all the time, even when I was changing tp's. and could not get it moved right because when I put in a tp, I couldn't find it. I stepped into a multitude of errors. anyway, I do like the 242 for sensitivity but I will check this one out. i am finding out my dish is a little off of south but if i can still get 55w to 137w i can live with that... thanks for the info. charlie

I had turned mine every which way until I figured it out, mostly by trial and error. Then I learned that my old actuator, which has been running 10yrs or more, is not accurately stopping on the satellites any more, so it has to be 'bumped' sometimes to hit the spot. When I was only getting one polarity, at times, it was usually because it wasn't hitting the satellite, not the mis-aimed lnbf.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Invacom QDF031

Have You Ever Actually Measured Your Dish Size?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts