I'm back with Dish, install went well.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, after 90 days away Dish let me come back and I got the receiver I wanted + free HD for life. I called GoDish from a flyer I got in the mail and they sent out a private company to install the dish. They were professional and easy to deal with. After a walk around the yard they saw the mast I put up years ago for a Directv dish and wanted to use it for the new dish 1000.4 About the only thing I did not want was to have the new dish installed on the roof. After thinking about it for a few I said ok and moved the OTA UHF antenna that was on the mast down and out of the way and cut the installers loose. They did a nice job installing the new dish and after they left I moved my OTA UHF antenna back up as high as I could. Everything is working well now. Glad to be back and sure have been enjoying Fox News - that was one of the channels I really wanted but could not get with my previous Absolute package. Later, DC

Attachments

• croppedIMGP9803.JPG
    croppedIMGP9803.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 304
  • croppedIMGP9802.JPG
    croppedIMGP9802.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 296
Well it's always good to hear about a retailer that did a good install. We don't get many of those here.

I guess it is because bad news is the only news according to many... :)

I've had D* and E* at different times, with a few different installers. Every one of them did a professional job and I was always pleased.

Congratulations! Yeah, I left DISH for 7 months, had U-verse TV, couldn't stand the TV, so, I got upgraded to HD with a nice pair of 722k's :) .

Glad to hear of a good experience. As for the roof, my roofer suggested installing the mast on the portion above the eave (also said sloped portions of roof so water does not accumulate) so that if it leaked (which should NOT be the case in a proper installation and use of sealant) there would be no damage to the inside of the house.

I've had 2 reflectors installed this way at my house and, most recently, the 1000.2 Plus (hope I got the name right) and all has been well for years. I also left the 2 original masts in place and Dish installed a 3rd mast for the 1000.2 Plus which was fine with me as I would rather keep things "sealed" by leaving the masts in place instead of inviting damage to the eave

Of course, some roofs don't make such an install possible, but for most roofs, this should be the install you request (demand).

Backward Compatibility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts