If I get a TiVo HD DVR for my DirecTV and am "moved", will it affect my already existing account wit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My stepbro got D* installed on Sunday (full Genie setup) and I was out there... chatted up the installer a bit, and he asked me what I had. Told him I had the THR-22's -- he laughed and said that was absolutely not the answer he was expecting.

In his 3 years of installing D*, he said he's only had one customer get them--and it was for a large house with 5 units right after they were released. Other than that, he said he used to keep one on his truck for well over a year, and finally decided it was taking up space and put it on a shelf where he can get to if/when he needs it about 6 months back.

He's convinced that D* uses the Tivo name to get people in, then does everything they can to convert them to a D* branded DVR (or just orders a D* DVR anyway) unless you specifically demand a Tivo. That's what they did to me for sure when I ordered each of my two -- the second one I ordered took three reps until someone even admitted that they knew what they were and that I wanted that particular model, and only that model -- the first rep even tried to tell me that the D* DVR was actually a Tivo (and that they all were) -- and then once I found someone who knew what I was talking about took another 20 minutes to get a supervisor to waive the $199 for it since they offered me a "free DVR" when I called in (and I sure wasn't going to pay for a Tivo when I was going to get an HR24 for free at that point).

So I wonder how many people actually called in wanting a Tivo, got a D* box and didn't know the difference, or decided to just live with it.

N

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20-700 Dual Inputs

SWM question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)