IA-13 C-band FTA AC-3 problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sidha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Wisconsin
Anyone able to process and hear AC-3 audio for Euro News on 3902H? They just lit-up from test bars to video, but I'm unable to process any one of the several audio AC-3 (language) channels. Real Madrid on this transponder has Mpeg2 audio (English), not AC-3, and is currently in the clear. Not sure how long Much Music / Fuse has been around on 3683H, but it's presently in the clear on two channels with Mpeg2 audio or AC-3. But I can't get any results using AC-3 there either. Maybe the audio PID in the stream is intentionally incorrect. Also, Omni is on 4060H and FTA with AC-3 that I can hear.

All above transponders received and locked solid on an almost 6 ft mesh dish partially shadowed by tree parts in the upper midwest U.S.A. HITN on 4187H gives the highest quality reading at 92%. A transponder that hot should make a 1.2 meter offset C-band adapted dish work like a pro with results comparable to the 3ABN KU transponder on AMC4 that throws 60% quality on an 18" dish (with KU linear lnbf installed).

-sidha

Iceberg said:
do you have a receiver that can decode AC-3?

Nope, I use a Technics AC-3 digital surround processor connected to the SPDIF jack on a Pansat 2700. It works fine for several of the channels on IA-13. I was hoping to listen to and watch Euro News, but so far no luck on the former. Sooner than later it won't matter, because these packages are most likely destined to be encrypted. :(

-sidha

so actually the answer is yes :)

just wanted to make sure.....can you get other channels that have AC-3 audio fine?

I just scanned it with my Twinhan card and I seems right now they just have there logo, wallpaper for the video. There are 7 AC3 audio streams. I will try later to see if there is audio with it.

sidha said:
Anyone able to process and hear AC-3 audio for Euro News on 3902H? They just lit-up from test bars to video, but I'm unable to process any one of the several audio AC-3 (language) channels. Real Madrid on this transponder has Mpeg2 audio (English), not AC-3, and is currently in the clear. Not sure how long Much Music / Fuse has been around on 3683H, but it's presently in the clear on two channels with Mpeg2 audio or AC-3. But I can't get any results using AC-3 there either. Maybe the audio PID in the stream is intentionally incorrect. Also, Omni is on 4060H and FTA with AC-3 that I can hear.

All above transponders received and locked solid on an almost 6 ft mesh dish partially shadowed by tree parts in the upper midwest U.S.A. HITN on 4187H gives the highest quality reading at 92%. A transponder that hot should make a 1.2 meter offset C-band adapted dish work like a pro with results comparable to the 3ABN KU transponder on AMC4 that throws 60% quality on an 18" dish (with KU linear lnbf installed).

-sidha

Iceberg said:
so actually the answer is yes :)

just wanted to make sure.....can you get other channels that have AC-3 audio fine?

Yes. My equipment appears to work when an AC-3 signal is there. Euro News on IA13 now has video and audio test tones (AC-3) on four of the seven PID language options. My Pansat indicates one of the two FTA channels of Much Music is MPEG-2 and the other is AC-3. But my AC-3 processor detects no signal. I suspect an unidentified audio PID or work in progress -- which suggests I should blind scan this satellite fresh each day.

-sidha

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nexus skystar1 and directv dual lnb dish

Capturing HD streams with a lesser computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)