I was told I would need two dishes, then one, then...

moonbaseone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Chicago, IL USA
Hey Guys.

Well, I recently ordered for my upgrade to a Dish 1000 with a ViP622 DVR reciever so I can get the DISH Silver package and get the 26+ HD channels, along with using it on both TVs.

Well, the 1st tech to come out said a tree was blocking the dish and was messing around on my garage roof, which is where my current HD Dish is. The Dish 500. I currently get 110 and 119 fine, but was told that i am having trouble with 129.

The 1st guy told me that i would need two dishes and that it would be installed today and that everything should work. Today a different guy comes and tries to replace my 500, and again, he can get 110 and 119, but not 129. He seemed un aware of me needing two dishes. So I ask him what are my options. He says they will send another tech out Friday to take a look. He said I could have my Dish put on a pole, but it would be in my yard right next to the sidewalk, or somewhere near the middle of the yard. I was about to ask him why it can't be put in the corner or further back, but it was already 9:45PM at night. He got here at 9:00PM. He was supposed to be here around 5PM or 6PM.

My question is, is there any hope that I will be able to get the 129 signal and be able to get the HD channel package? Aside from putting a pole in my yard next to the sidewalk or near the middle, which I dont hink I am going to do.

Also, I am going to call to have the trees trimmed ASAP. That might help I am hoping.

Also, I am in Chicago, IL.

What are your current signal levels on the 119 transponder 11? If you're around 100 then you should be able to swap the Dish 500 out to a 1000 which has all 3 LNB's (110/119/129) on the same arm and adds skew to get the 129 bird. If you have a DPP twin LNB on the Dish 500 you can run coax from the LNB IN to the the 2nd Dish that should have a Dish Pro LNB, and you won't need a switch if you only have one or two receivers.

If you want to keep your Dish 500 in place and add a 2nd dish point it to 61.5 since the HD content is mirrored on 129 anyway and you'll get a stronger signal. The tech(s) should have told you all of this already, but as we all know some techs are not 'quality' techs. No need for a pole in the yard either, and hold off on trimming the trees until you find out there is a problem.

device manager said:
What are your current signal levels on the 119 transponder 11? If you're around 100 then you should be able to swap the Dish 500 out to a 1000 which has all 3 LNB's (110/119/129) on the same arm and adds skew to get the 129 bird. If you have a DPP twin LNB on the Dish 500 you can run coax from the LNB IN to the the 2nd Dish that should have a Dish Pro LNB, and you won't need a switch if you only have one or two receivers.

If you want to keep your Dish 500 in place and add a 2nd dish point it to 61.5 since the HD content is mirrored on 129 anyway and you'll get a stronger signal. The tech(s) should have told you all of this already, but as we all know some techs are not 'quality' techs. No need for a pole in the yard either, and hold off on trimming the trees until you find out there is a problem.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I just checked and on the 119 - transponder 11, I was getting 100 - 102.

So, with that, is it possible that I can still get VOOM HD?

Also, I think the 1st guy to come out was gonna try for a 2 dish setup. Unfortunately, he wasn't the one to ome back. The second guy showed up at 9PM when he was supposed to be there around 5PM or 6PM. The fact that he showed up at 9PM, I wasn't expecting too much. Especially when I had o spply th flashlights cause he didn't have any.

Last edited:

Club Dish Problem

Better to own or to rent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts