Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
That's all!

After having Dish Network for 10+ years, Directv and now cable, I still prefer my FTA setup! I love scanning a satellite to see what's on, as well as watching all the programs for other countries - even I can't understand them :) Wild Feeds, etc I LOVE it!

On a side note, my local cable co carries our local RTN station - KWWF. If I am not watching something on demand, I end up flipping to KWWF on cable....but then I find myself flipping over to the satellite to watch KWWF there - weird I know :)

OK, sorry, was bored at work and wanted to ramble :)

Last edited:
You're not alone, I think that's why they call us satellite guys.:) I have been searching for feeds 20 years now. I guess it's just shifted to digital instead of analog and there's more up there than ever.

I am glad I am not alone! Maybe a 12 step program is in order?

No, no, no.......... That's a 12 DISH program ........

(I'm ok though, I've only got 7) (set up:D)

Why do people always ask me "How many dishes do you have ?"
I started with just one for C-band, then got a free primestar that I used on Ku Analog for a while. When I got the FTA receiver, they started multiplying though...... Hate to have them just sitting there not being used :rolleyes:

Attachments

• dishes.JPG
    dishes.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 210
No, no, no.......... That's a 12 DISH program ........
Oh, is that how it works!?

I once suggested it was a 12-step program, but nobody was willing to take the first step.
I think I like your answer better.

So, does that mean once I get to 12 dishes I'll be cured?
. . . I wonder how that's working out for Iceberg and Linuxman . . . ?
I'm not even half way, but if I get there, I'll let ya know! - :hatsoff:

I'm only at 9 dishes (2 primestar, 31", 36", 7', 2 x 10', and two 20" for music and 148W).. but a couple are still waiting to be commissioned, so I've got some wiggle room before I get close to 12

Slooow day - yes. Got a 18 hour day coming Friday - I got myself on a hiring committee as we are hiring a bunch of new officers. We are starting the interviews Friday. It will be nice to be on the other side of the interview for a change :)

As for all the dishes - I feel better now - I don't have nearly as much as everyone else :) I just feel bad that I got all this useable gear just sitting around. I might just list it one of these days.......I finally got my dish setup the way I want it...for now :)

Poor guy, I can't imagine having dishnetwork for 10yrs, I barely was able to handle 2yrs of it. Anybody who ever had a working ,steerable c-band dish back in the 80's when the birds were all loaded with unscrambled variety knows what I mean!

You have a very neat and clean setup mixed in with your landscaping , almost camouflaged .

I got lucky with my house (which I had before I had sat and knew I NEEDED a clear southern view)

The back yard faces south, so the dishes aren't visable from the street. And there aren't any houses behind me, just a big cornfield with a clear view from east to west.

Next house I buy, a clear southern view will be a priority. (It was this time, I just didn't know it at the time)

I try to keep the dishes looking neat, repainted a couple last summer, and I sneak them in one at a time:)

I have 3 so far for FTA, a C-band and 2 Ku. I moved this past fall to 5.7 acres of land in the country and I have pretty much unlimited space, although there are a few trees to contend with in some locations. I was putting up dish on the garage for Express-vu over the past weekend and I couldn't get a signal.........so out came the Stihl and down came two poplar trees! One of which was rotten and would have fallen anyway. Within minutes I had it locked and peaked! Gotta love being in the country, NOTHING is an obstacle in my quest for more FTA! In my last place I had a backyard full of large oak trees which are nice for shade but a real pain when you want to cut one down especially with neighbors fences surrounding me, now I don't have to worry about that at all.

One 7.5' sami c/ku band dish, two 75cm with sg-2100 motors, ORB-7500 c/ku analog receiver, pansat 2500A, two fortec ultra lifetime, Pansat 9200HD, DSR-905 sidecar (4dtv).
I have a problem LOL. My neighbors think I am monitoring aliens-LOL But hey - they are cable subscribers they don't know any better

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Fugitive Fans

DVB streaming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts