Improved Stability

Previous March Update Included these features:
0x0547
High Definition User Interface
Faster speed
Menu icons
MyDirectv: What's on Now, You Might Like
Movie posters
Serch finds all movies regardless of the source (VOD, Linear, PPV, Premium, etc)
Picture in Graphics Moved to left of the screen
Integrated Rotton Tomatoes movie ratings

My guide no longer alternates between "stuck" and "warp speed".. still not as smooth to scroll as my H25.. but finally moving in the right direction.

Any reason that I would receive this update today on my 34 at 2pm, while watching a show and recording 3 others??? I lost 20 minutes of my recordings and am not happy about it. Is there a setting that I missed that would tell the receiver to update only when not in use? I have never had this happen before with my 24 or 34.

Last edited:
2 bugs

a) I'm seeing issues with the 30slip feature.. I couldn't get more than 1 of them to queue up at a time.. I prefer "30skip" anyway and switched back..
b) totally cosmetic, but when doing guide.. yellow button.. the background behind the transparent menus is rather horribly botched.. LOL, they'd be better off to drop the transparency until the background is worth seeing :)

Had an ongoing issue with the "54" SW. My harmony power on order was my plasma, then the marantz, and then the HR34, which led to a pink tinted screen on EVERY power up. When resetting the box it has other kinds of issues that require me cutting the marantz on and off to get images.

Recently I bypassed the marantz and all is well straight to the display, so my fix was changing the power up order. I now have the harmony turn on the marantz, then the plasma, and finally the HR34, all is well.

Just an FYI to anyone.

Ok, for awhile now my Marantz and HR34 have not played nicely, especially when it comes to pink screens. I recently went back and forth with running thru the Marantz with HDMI, or direct to the display with digi coax to the Marantz. What I've found is it works a lot better with HDMI to the display and coax to the Marantz. I also found, after noticing odd things with the picture, if I went into the Marantz menu and checked source rez, color space and pixel depth, vs output, there was an issue.

It should show (say for a 1080i channel on Directv)

1080i/60--1080i/60
ycbcr 444--ycbcr 444
8 bit--8bit

Well, whenever I jump to say a 720p channel, bascially something that requires a rez change, the Marantz info will go blank for input data and output. This was not always the case, because ive had the HR34 for awhile, but seems to be getting worse for me.

Long story short, if you have a Marantz or Denon and the HR34 is not playing nicely, then this is a suitable option for you. I know its not a Marantz internal issue because it plays fine with multiple Blu players, a Roku and an ATV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PPV Commercials Cutting Into Programming

Which satellite do I use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)