Saturday, December 31, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: Very High Risk

New features
None

Improved/Updated
HD User Interface
Under the hood

Known issues
RVU clients may not work as expected - You can revert back to the blue UI if necessary

Notes
Happy Holidays! Thank You to everyone on the CE team
If you revert to National, it will be to the blue UI
You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI
You will lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hours to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

Previous Release Notes:

New features
Under the hood

Improved/Updated
None

This release brings the HD User Interface to the HR34.

Pay attention to the note that this release has known issues working with RVU clients, incase anyone has the new Samsung TVs.

As someone who is new to the CE world, can someone please explain very high risk? I would assume that if I were to run into any problems I could simply just redownload the NR during the normal window correct?

As someone who is new to the CE world, can someone please explain very high risk? I would assume that if I were to run into any problems I could simply just redownload the NR during the normal window correct?

That's exactly right, you can always go back. Very high risk is what they usually say when they make a major change until they refine the quirks out over weeks. This being the first one with the HD GUI, it will be higher risk.

DIRECT IS HEADING HOME EARLY FOR NEW YEARS I GUESS TO START PARTYING EARLY ON NEW YEARS :D ;) :)

That's also Very High Risk. The chances of losing your recordings going back from a Very High Risk is also a strong probability.

This release brings the HD User Interface to the HR34.

Just curious. I have only had Direct for a week now and realy wanted the new Hd guide but I have noticed less than a half dozen people here posting about getting this. Am I really that cutting edge? I would have thought people would have been all over getting this.

I would say most of the people that have the hr34's are new customers and do not know about ce betas.

I've noticed that everything that has recorded so far has been recording constantly. For example, an episode that was only 30 minutes long ended up continually recording for over 10 hours. Anyone else notice this?

Just curious. I have only had Direct for a week now and realy wanted the new Hd guide but I have noticed less than a half dozen people here posting about getting this. Am I really that cutting edge? I would have thought people would have been all over getting this.

MOST users don't really pay any attention to the EPG as long as it does what it's supposed to do and that is showing them the program info; which is does. 99% of the time they are actually watching the programs.

Well I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the new CE release from this weekend. The HD guide is very glitchy (as expected) and I'm noticing my recordings are getting messed up. The box has locked up on me a few times. I really like the look of the HD guide but I think I may wait until next weeks release for some of these issues to be resolved. How's everyone else's experience so far ?

Well I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the new CE release from this weekend. The HD guide is very glitchy (as expected) and I'm noticing my recordings are getting messed up. The box has locked up on me a few times. I really like the look of the HD guide but I think I may wait until next weeks release for some of these issues to be resolved. How's everyone else's experience so far ?
Switch to Scrolling ON

CE's for New Year's Weekend

Anyone having a problem with the HD GUI turning white?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts