HR25-500 HD Rec (newbie, take it easy)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

izaqblue

Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Utah
Hi so I ordered a new HR25-500 for my DirecTV. I have a Slimline-5 dish with a multiswitch (which comcast cable internet has run their line through). I ordered this through a place on Amazon that said DirecTV and I wrongly assumed I would get this rcvr and it would be work great on my system. Of course, it doesn't. and I can't afford $260 DirecTV has told me I would have to pay for a SWM and new Satellite Dish install. The Amzon company ...well it's been more than 30 days. my fault. What is the best thing to do with this? Is there ANY WAY of using this on my current setup? Should I sell it on CraigsLst or Eby or Amzn itself?

Apparantly according to DTV I own it. What do you recommend? Thank you and I am new and admit I have no technical knowledge about dish systems so don't be too harsh.:)

Izaq

Hi so I ordered a new HR25-500 for my DirecTV. I have a Slimline-5 dish with a multiswitch (which comcast cable internet has run their line through). I ordered this through a place on Amazon that said DirecTV and I wrongly assumed I would get this rcvr and it would be work great on my system. Of course, it doesn't. and I can't afford $260 DirecTV has told me I would have to pay for a SWM and new Satellite Dish install. The Amzon company ...well it's been more than 30 days. my fault. What is the best thing to do with this? Is there ANY WAY of using this on my current setup? Should I sell it on CraigsLst or Eby or Amzn itself?

Apparantly according to DTV I own it. What do you recommend? Thank you and I am new and admit I have no technical knowledge about dish systems so don't be too harsh.:)

Izaq

Do you have a HR24-500 HD DVR? the below instructions will help you.

If you only have one receiver,you shouldn't need the multiswitch(if it is external). Run two cables from the the dish LNB itself(I imagine you have 4 cables from the LNB attached to the external multiswitch. You only need 2 cables & ditch the multiswitch). Now attach each cable to the connections on the back of the HR24-500. Now,this is very important,YOU NEED B-BAND CONVERTERS between your two cables & line 1& line 2 posts. Also,you DON'T own your HR24-500,it is a lease.

Now......if you bought a H25-500 HD receiver & not a HR24-500(there is no such animal as a HR25-500) HD DVR,you are up a creek because it will ONLY work with SWM.

If you have a H25,what you can do is order a DIRECTV SWM-8 Single Wire Multi-Switch With Power Supply from Solid Signal for only $150.94(shipping charge included).
DIRECTV SWM-8 Single Wire Multi-Switch With Power Supply (8 Channel) (SWM-8) from Solid Signal
Call DIRECTV again after you get the SWM-8 & see if they'll install it for you. You'll also need a DIRECTV DECA Broadband with power supply to attach to your internet router to get internet connection for your H25(the internet connection runs through the coaxial cable). It only costs $68.94(shipping charge included).
DIRECTV DECA Broadband with power supply (DECABB1R0) from Solid Signal

Again,tell DIRECTV you already have these items(if you do) & ask if they can come out to set up your H25. You may only have to pay for cost of installation,if you don't have protection coverage.

This is to clear some things up. MODEL: H25NC-500. I purchased it from a private company and DirecTV has confirmed I do own it. NOW, for the photos. This gives you a taste of the wiring involved. There are 7 bedroom coaxial outlets (all aren't in use and don't fit the switch), 4 or 5 various coaxial outlets in the house. Coaxial going up some pipe from the basement into the attik out to the dish. It's a mess. And then Comcast Internet came and added the red tags. Sorry the pics are really out of focus, camera was dead, webcam built into computer isn't great.

nmxoS.jpegPhoto on 9-29-11 at 5.03 PM.jpgPhoto on 9-29-11 at 5.05 PM #2.jpgXBUSo.jpeg
Izaq.

the H25 wont work with your setup. That is the older setup and you need a SWM setup which is one line from the LNB into a splitter then out to the receivers

You will need to get a swm type lnb, the kind that has one output on it. You can use the same dish. You will also need a power inserter. Or you could do like royrdsjr posted and get a swm type multiswitch instead of the swm lnb. It sounds like you don't have any experience in setting up a satellite system. I would recommend contacting a local installation company if you aren't comfortable doing this yourself.

Thanks

the H25 wont work with your setup. That is the older setup and you need a SWM setup which is one line from the LNB into a splitter then out to the receivers

Thanks everyone for your help. I was able to get Amazon to get the retailer to give me a refund. I appreciate your answers.

Izaq

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Loss of connection of MVR receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)