HR-20 with buzz in system and DD output dead

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Azeke

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
Hello All,

Just got my HR-700 installed and it introduced hum into my system. I saw that it was a two prong plug and ignored it, thinking that I would purchase an adapter to eliminate the hum. Now the DD outlet is dead (it worked initially, once it was DOA, I performed the usual trouble-shooting techniques, checked cable, recycled the HR-700, etc.), I should have known from the hum that was introduced into my system, but I was excited and thought it was related to the two prong outlet of the HR-700.

I am requesting a new HR-700 through the installer.

Any one else experience this issue?

Any advice or comments would be welcomed.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
Azeke said:
Hello All,

Just got my HR-700 installed and it introduced hum into my system. I saw that it was a two prong plug and ignored it, thinking that I would purchase an adapter to eliminate the hum. Now the DD outlet is dead (it worked initially, once it was DOA, I performed the usual trouble-shooting techniques, checked cable, recycled the HR-700, etc.), I should have known from the hum that was introduced into my system, but I was excited and thought it was related to the two prong outlet of the HR-700.

I am requesting a new HR-700 through the installer.

Any one else experience this issue?

Any advice or comments would be welcomed.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

WRT to the hum. it sounds like it _could_ be a improperly grounded dish/coax or a ground issue where the STB, or audio equipment plugs into your AC.

Thank you for your input, however that doesn't seem to be the issue. I have recycled the HR20, three times and reset the menu.

WRT to the hum. it sounds like it _could_ be a improperly grounded dish/coax or a ground issue where the STB, or audio equipment plugs into your AC.
That was certainly my first thought, however, once I put back in my old H20 all is well, which is what I currently have in my system.

I called D*tv tech support, informed them of my troubles and they are shipping out a new box. Stay tuned.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help: Roof mounting AT9 5-LNB dish

I sent my H20 back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts