HR-20 Dead On Arrival

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stlrams

Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
Here's my installation story on the new HR-20, installed on Thursday, September 28.

The replacement of the dish appeared to be fine, but found out later that one of the receivers wasn't hooled up properly (service call scheduled for Monday). It took the installer over an hour to get the new HR-20 unit to accept the DVR service. The unit acted funny including failed resets but was working when he left. It would lock up and then ultimately did not reset properly and was stuck (same day of install). I arranged for DirecTV sto send me a replacement unit. The first reorder apparently didn't take (computer was down and the rep filled out a downtime slip) and I had to call back and have them order it again. Today I called and the unit is on back order with no estimated time of arrival (despite the fact I was given a 2 business day delivery time).

It makes me feel smart for having them install it as a second receiver on the main TV and I still have the HR-250 on that TV. I have seen a lot of posts calling us Beta Testers, but I expected it to work and wasn't signing on to be a Beta Tester. I got a good deal ($99 through retention) but I'm not able to use it. They also gave me one month of Showtime for my trouble. I was looking forward to getting HD locals (only get 2 usable signals on OTA), but I guess I will have to be patient.

When I got my HR20 installed, the installer told me that the failure rate of the units out of the box was 50%. And that's why when he goes to do an install of the HR20 he takes at least 2 units for each install.

The new HR-20 arrived today. The replacement went smoothly and everything is currently working fine. Now I will watch to see if I run into any of the posted problems.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Any directv other site links

Showtime(R) Free Preview Weekend, OCT. 6-9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)