How to: Sling box + wireless network + hard drive

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
I already had a external hard drive hooked to my 722. I wanted the sling box and also wanted to use my wireless router for the internet connection. I thought: I'll just use a multi connect USB box and hook up everything. That went well until I hooked up the sling box. Total loss of the receiver. Nothing would get the receiver going again. Not reset, now unplug and wait, etc etc. I finally got the phone out and called Dish. After about 5 minutes of prompts, it suddenly started working again.

I disconnected everything. Hooked up the wireless adapter to the rear USB and it set up simply and quickly. Hooked up the sling box to the front USB and it set up simply and quickly. BTW, the live video on my Droid 2 is simply awesome!

Here's my problem: Only 2 USB and I need 3. Any ideas. I'm afraid to use a simple USB "box" to hook everything up, although I originally had no problem with the HD and the wireless adapter on the box. I know I could probably run some cat-5 cable, but at the moment that's a long run and a bit unlikely a solution.

Any ideas?

Are you using a powered EHD also? I have a power USB hub but the EHD I bought is not powered, think it will still work?

Last edited:
pjsjeep said:
Are you using a powered EHD also? I have a power USB hub but the EHD I bought is not powered, think it will still work?

Your EHD needs to be powered, with or without a hub

Charlie Chat Tonight

Dish Network VIP 722k - Transponders 01-10 not accessible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)