How to set up a program to record weekly on a Hopper with Sling

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I know this sounds dumb but I don't have Dish. Trying to help out my dad who has Dish Hopper with Sling (He can record 3 programs at once and it records the network stuff at night from the Big 4). Well since WWE Smackdown moved from FOX to USA he "forgets" to record it. It automatically recorded it when it was on FOX.

How can he set up a re-record timer for it? I looked online and cant see how its done easily. My dad is a complete illiterate when it comes to recording things as a series. He records things one at a time when its on but he just usually watches the show when its on. 99% of the other shows that record automatically as they are on CBS, ABC, NBC or FOX.
(seriously he has had Dish since you had to buy the dish and the 2 301's and install it yourself. He used a 522 until a couple years ago when they FINALLY upgraded him for free due to his 522 taking a dump along with port 2 on his 322 went out)

Is it just find the show and push record button twice? (thats how it is on Directv). Since I'm not there I hope its easy because I can hear him already start grumbling when I try to lead him over the phone on how to set it up. Hell he has to call me and try to explain how to switch settings on the TV for the Roku (or whatever he has) to watch WWE shows (formerly the PPV's) on Peacock.

DVR Expander

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)