How to Pause Live TV (game) Watch DVR and come back to same place?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dlb404

Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hope the question makes sense.

Just came over to Direct TV 2 months ago former cable and TIVO user.

A feature I loved and used all the time on TIVO was to put a live game on pause, pull up a show from DVR list and watch 15 or 30 minutes worth and then go back to the paused game and pick up from the paused point and watch, fast forward through comercials, replays etc., as usual.

I have tried numerous methods but every time I go back to the paused game it takes to me to the live point not the paused point.

Any ideas?

Use the double play feature. Press the arrow button down and follow the instructions. This is what many have called Dual live buffers. Once you switch tuners you should be able to watch something on your DVR and then toggle between tuners. You can pause the game before you switch tuners and then when you gop back to the other tuner it should pick up where you paused. But you must pause it first.

if you dont change channels it will still buffer. It wont pause where you were but you can just go back. I do it all the time. Depending on the program you can jump back 15 or 30 minutes at a time

Did it yesterday with the playoffs. Left the DVR on CBS and turned it off. Left and came back an hour or so later. Turned on DVR and hit back. Could jump 30 minutes back at a time.

I'd recommend recording the game if you don't like the incidental change of channel dumping the buffer if you bump the remote's channel up/down or number pad.

You can hit pause, List, watch a show and use the previous button to flip back and forth between two recorded shows without having to use the pause button. If using previous button to flip between a tuner and recorded show, you'd need to remember to use the pause button (only applies to DVR tuner which would still be limited to 90 minutes) if wanting to resume from last viewed point on the DVR buffer/tuner.

The Dual-Live-Buffer also works but you still need to use pause if you want to resume from last viewed point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cable length

leasing, is there an authorization form that must be signed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts