How to fix My LNBF Dual Circular un welded pin conector?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
Hello Guys
I have One LNBF dual Circular that one pin Conector (where you put the rg6 cable) is un-welded..When I tried to disconect my RG6 cable the conector pin was broken (un welded ) ..
:eek:
I have tried to check any way to open the LNBF unit to weld the Pin but I can not see any screw or something like that..Maybe is by Pressure but I am scared if I could broken the Unit.:eek:. at least One Size is Working:D .
I know that you will tell me Buy another by $10 bucks but If is Possible to fix I can do it..
How I can Open The LNB? I think that Most Of the LNB's and LNBF's in the market are the same desing (Unable to open easy)..
My LNBF is something like that

Attachments

• lnbf.jpg
    lnbf.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 162
I can't say how yours is built, but similar units that I've disassembled have a plastic shell around the metal package inside.
You can probably find a way to slip a plastic tool into the crack around the plastic housing, and pry it apart.

When you do so, inside is a metal housing that is also sealed.
Once you break the seal on the metal package, it's pretty hard to repair.
One that I opened, had red silicon rubber around the edge where it was put together, and also more on the screw heads you needed to remove.
I had to remove the screws and scrape around the sealed edge to remove the silicone rubber.

Once inside, there's no guarantee you can repair the connector.
If the pin just needs to be resoldered to the PC board, that would be easy.
More likely, you will have lost a piece of the connector center , and won't be able to replace it.

Have fun, and take pictures. - :up

$10 is sounding pretty cheap, right now... ;)

I Agree with Anole as you'd be better off just going on Ebay and buying another one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Using FTA dish to backup DN on 61.5

Patient Channel in Spanish???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)