How things have changed

I wish my credit union had high yield accounts. They pushed me into their Money Market account and I put $3000 in last month. I just got my first bit of interest. It was .39 cents. My $5000 C.D. makes like $12.00 a month on average with 3.04% interest rate. Come December 6th I will move it to a higher interest rate C.D. or look for a high yield account at another bank.

TSLA

:devilish

• Wow
Reactions: MikeD-C05
I am surprised at that as its so hard to find anything on Amazon prime, and its hard to tell whats included or whats extra.

I wish they would redo Amazon Prime to make it easier to find things.
Wrong thread. This is the savings account interest thread. ;)

I think I read an article about that issue with Netflix. Though, I agree that Prime seems oddly hard to find where the Prime stuff even is. But all of these services suffer from a difficulty with browsing content. Heck, Netflix could only have 100 things to stream, how would we even know?

Wrong thread. This is the savings account interest thread. ;)

I think I read an article about that issue with Netflix. Though, I agree that Prime seems oddly hard to find where the Prime stuff even is. But all of these services suffer from a difficulty with browsing content. Heck, Netflix could only have 100 things to stream, how would we even know?
Actually, its the Right Thread ...

Its the How things have Changed thread ....

We were discussing differences in Money between percentage points ...

That IS things that have Changed.
I now make 33% more on my money than before ...

Thats a Great Change.

A big change in just 10 Quarters

IMG_1321.png

Last edited:
A big change in just 10 Quarters

View attachment 171955

how can the TV know what the source is? if it's collecting "opted in" smart tv data, wouldn't it only be able to tell if it's on an input (aka cable box, streaming box, etc) vs a built in smart tv app?

It sounds like the study is saying "an app" vs "an input"? this seems extremely unscientific and misleading. All this REALLY tells me is that wow a lot of people use the built in apps on their tvs

how can the TV know what the source is? if it's collecting "opted in" smart tv data, wouldn't it only be able to tell if it's on an input (aka cable box, streaming box, etc) vs a built in smart tv app?

It sounds like the study is saying "an app" vs "an input"? this seems extremely unscientific and misleading. All this REALLY tells me is that wow a lot of people use the built in apps on their tvs

This is from Vizio, their sets (and most others) can detect what type of STB is plugged in to an HDMI port. I don't know of any cable or sat service that doesn't require a STB these days.

I would like to see OTA broken out from cable/satellite.

“Smart” TVs have apps built in to access most streamers, as well as OTA tuners. So it’s simple.

I would like to see OTA broken out from cable/satellite.
I wrote about this before , while about 22% of households (131 Million total in the United States) use antennas with streaming, only 4% use OTA only, no streaming or anything else.

This is from Vizio, their sets (and most others) can detect what type of STB is plugged in to an HDMI port. I don't know of any cable or sat service that doesn't require a STB these days.
you mean due to the HDMI-CEC connection? i didn't know that CEC passed through data about what the connection was, just a handshake that allowed it to control certain functions on the other device

As more things change, more stay the same-

Spectrum is quietly raising the rates for some of its services, the second time in less than six months that it is rolling out a price hike. This will also be the second price hike in 2024.

The cable company, owned by Charter Communications, according to someone claiming to be an employee on Reddit says the price will be going up in July. TV will be going up by $3 for certain states, voice plans will go up by $3, and internet base price will go up by $3 or $4 for some customers. Other packages like Sports View are going up $3 a month, and cable cards for those who still have them are going up $6. The cost of the cable box will also be going up $1 a month.

I guess now days Companies don't care about who their customer is, they seem to raise prices now like , lets see how much we can get this time without too many people leaving.

Yep! That’s how it works.

Don’t complain about Capitalism with a full belly, a car and a roof over your head.

I'm glad I just dumped Spectrum Internet and Phone for AT&T fiber.
Wish I could dump them, but they are the only real choice here. Neither T-Mobile or Verizon internet is available, fiber likely will NEVER be, and the only other choice is TDS DSL, and I'll NEVER willingly deal with TDS Telecom again. They are FAR worse than Charter/Spectrum is.

As more things change, more stay the same-

Spectrum is quietly raising the rates for some of its services, the second time in less than six months that it is rolling out a price hike. This will also be the second price hike in 2024.

The cable company, owned by Charter Communications, according to someone claiming to be an employee on Reddit says the price will be going up in July. TV will be going up by $3 for certain states, voice plans will go up by $3, and internet base price will go up by $3 or $4 for some customers. Other packages like Sports View are going up $3 a month, and cable cards for those who still have them are going up $6. The cost of the cable box will also be going up $1 a month.

I got my internet discount deal with Spectrum renewed for another year. I get 500mpbs speeds and no caps and it only costing me $62.40 a month with taxes included. It would be double that other wise. I could also have ATT fiber since it is installed out back of the house but I hate and detest ATT and all their fees and crap. They make DISH look good in comparison.

I got my internet discount deal with Spectrum renewed for another year. I get 500mpbs speeds and no caps and it only costing me $62.40 a month with taxes included. It would be double that other wise. I could also have ATT fiber since it is installed out back of the house but I hate and detest ATT and all their fees and crap. They make DISH look good in comparison.
Spectrum here in NC never offered any discounts and charged me 79.98 for 300MBPS. I switched to ATT at the same speed for 55.26 a month all in. I have no additional fees.

checking out Hulu. Comments?

Youtube TV sub losses