How long is the Adelphia deal going to take?

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I remember the scandle years ago and even heard from a contractor for Comcast that the deal was made and that was 18 months ago! I don't get why this transition is taking so long. Personally I've checked out other towns as to what they get for programming...also the prices on the commericals seem to be about 15% less of what we're paying now (I bet renting the boxes makes it equal though) but it's the increases on demand stations that I'm looking forward to....

Anyone know why it's taking this long?:(

mdovell said:
I remember the scandle years ago and even heard from a contractor for Comcast that the deal was made and that was 18 months ago! I don't get why this transition is taking so long. Personally I've checked out other towns as to what they get for programming...also the prices on the commericals seem to be about 15% less of what we're paying now (I bet renting the boxes makes it equal though) but it's the increases on demand stations that I'm looking forward to....

Anyone know why it's taking this long?:(

The main reason it's probably taking so long is that the FCC has to approve the deal. Until that happens nothing else can happen.

The FCC approved the sale back in July and the FTC earlier this year - it's a done deal. http://www.fcc.gov/transaction/tw-comcast_adelphia.html

I'm an Adelphia broadband customer, receive an Adelphia bill, but when I call into the call center is is answer by a Comcast employee. The transfer of assets is underway (name only), and will occur at various rates depending on your area. I expect we'll be paying a Comcast bill, in my area, and asked to subscribe to a Comcast programming package later this year.

MHD on Channel 763 in Portland OR

Comcast HD locals only w/dvr - possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)