how is Zenith DIRECTV® HD-SAT520 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank you Robert. I also replied on the other thread. While you're at it, can you send me a new p5 access card too? I tried registering the receiver with Directv using the access card that came in the box only to find out that it doesn't work because it's already registered with another user. She told me to return it and get a new one from the seller. Either that, or I can get one from D* for $20.

Thank you for your quick response.

Incidentally, I have not spoken to anyone at your office. I called both the 800 # and the 914 # and got no answer, so I left a message, sent an email, and posted here.

Thanks again.

I share your anger and I am sincerely sorry and shocked that our QC person could send out your refurbished HD-SAT520 with a used access card and no remote. I will send you both Overnight.

This is not anything I like or representative of how we run our company.

-Robert

Here's my experience with this HD-SAT520 and my experience with ValueElectronics, the online dealer I ordered it from refurbished. I found out about this receiver and dealer through the postings with this thread. I originally received the receiver without the remote and with a used p5 access card. Robert at ValueElectronics corrected the mistake as soon as he heard from me, by overnighting both. Thank you Robert. I have no complaints about this purchase. Mistakes happen, and as long as it is corrected quickly and painlessly, I would still recommend them, and I applaud them for taking care of business very professionally.

Now for the receiver. So far, it's excellent. I am comparing it to the H10 I received from D*. There's no comparison. This receiver is by far better in terms of picture quality. I don't even have it on the DVI input. Just on component cables, and the picture quality is superior than the H10 I swapped out (and moved to another TV). It also has more features, which is an added plus - but I care less about those bells and whistles and care most about pq. It's better clarity, better depth, better color, etc. And also important, the non HD channels are much better than with the H10. I was seriously concerned with the H10 when I was watching the SD channels. Many (not all) were blurry. I eventually got used to it, but thank goodness, with this HD-SAT520 receiver, the blurriness is not nearly as severe, and the pictures are actually very, very clear.

I am happy with this receiver, and the overall experience with purchasing from ValueElectronics is good. I would buy from them again, no question. In fact I would buy another of this same receiver and chuck the H10 if it were not for the fact that the MPEG2 will become obsolete at some point. This HD-SAT520 is a very good receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wireless Tivo with Direct TV?

Wpix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts