How do I get HDTV Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xarax

Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
Hello All,

I just found out about FTA programming and am extremely interested in it (but don't know much about it). I've been doing some research on how to get it set up at my home. Biggest question that I have is about HDTV.

**How many HD Channels are available for free over FTA? I don't want to pay any monthly charges and I looking at the lynsat listing, most channels seems to be encrypted.

**Is there a good HD receiver that someone can recommend? I keep seeing people talk about Pansat but this receiver doesn't seems to be HD capable. I saw one posting that mention using a 4DTV DSR422 with a Motorola HDD decoder, but I would rahter have both of these boxes integrated in one instead of having two boxes.

Thanks for all your help!

As far as I know, you would either need an pretty expensive receiver, or you could get a PC card. I have the PC card, but my computer is not fast enough to get it. I think at one time, WGN-DT was up in the clear, but that is no longer the case. The only FTA HDTV I know of is PBS.

For fta feeds in hd you can get a IT912 I will be getting one soon. If you have a big dish larger than 8.5ft go to www.skyvision.com theyhave a great deal on the 4dtv and hdd if you get them together its till the end of this month. With the 4d and hdd you can get pbs hd and wealth tv hd free the rest is through a sub like hbo show starz and all. Go here www.4dtvrocks.com for more info on those type of boxes. NPS a programming seller is having a sale on the 4d also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TwinHan VP1020A info please

Pansat 2500A with motor dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)