Hopper Plus - Video in and out issues

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Forgive me if I am discussing something that has been resolved or is an old topic. I was away from satellite for about 4 years, after being a dish head since the old, old C-Band days. We were able to get gigabit fiber in 2018 and I had got on to streaming and DTV Stream or YouTubeTV. Dish sent a very good offer and I decided to go back to the Hopper 3. This time I got a Hopper Plus to connect. Since I have had the Hopper Plus, I have found that my video goes 'in' and 'out,' 'in' and 'out' to a black screen. It is almost as if it isn't handshaking properly with the television. I do not have any other problems with this set on the input, so I know it has to be the device. When I disconnect the plus and run the H3 just from the HDMI output (on the H3) I have no issue. I was just curious if anyone else had had similar issues with the Hopper Plus. Thank you in advance.

Try a different HDMI input on your TV
Is it a 4K HDR TV, and if so does your HDMI cable support HDMI 2.1/HDCP?
It’s a Sony 4K from 2018, I forget the model number. The cable did fine with the DirecTV Gemini I used on it, and I checked it with a new AppleTV and Roku at 4K for a few hours with no issues. It could however have something to do with the cable perhaps. I never changed it as it worked with the other devices. I do know that if I run the Hopper straight, without going through the Plus, it never has problems.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It’s a Sony 4K from 2018, I forget the model number. The cable did fine with the DirecTV Gemini I used on it, and I checked it with a new AppleTV and Roku at 4K for a few hours with no issues. It could however have something to do with the cable perhaps. I never changed it as it worked with the other devices. I do know that if I run the Hopper straight, without going through the Plus, it never has problems.
That proves that it is a Hopper Plus issue, maybe software. Considering you already have an AppleTV and Roku I would simply leave the Plus out of the mix and use the streamers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That proves that it is a Hopper Plus issue, maybe software. Considering you already have an AppleTV and Roku I would simply leave the Plus out of the mix and use the streamers.
That was what I was thinking. I actually really like the way the H3 performs, it seems very stable and fast despite its age. As you say, I have the other streaming devices, I just wanted to the the newest thing, as we all like to! Just wanted to see if anyone else had had any similar issue, thanks for the reply’s and the advice!

Joey 3 won't link to H3

New display showing up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)