Hopper - Google Nest Doorbell - No Image Notification

mitch5280

Original poster
Jun 18, 2024
colorado
On my Hopper, I am not getting the instant photo notification on my screen when someone presses the button on the Google Nest Doorbell. I get a popup message on the screen that I have to click, and that sends me to the live video feed, but no instant photo message. Is there a configuration I missed?

On my Hopper, I am not getting the instant photo notification on my screen when someone presses the button on the Google Nest Doorbell. I get a popup message on the screen that I have to click, and that sends me to the live video feed, but no instant photo message. Is there a configuration I missed?
If you open the nest stream app on hopper and then select you camera and then settings there's an option to turn that on and off.
How it got turned off in the first place if you didn't do it, who knows. May of happened after a software update.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you open the nest stream app on hopper and then select you camera and then settings there's an option to turn that on and off.
How it got turned off in the first place if you didn't do it, who knows. May of happened after a software update.
I did check that and the setting is set to on, but it still doesn't present me with an image. Oh well...I waisted enough time with this doorbell, time to return it. I don't need stress in my life. I lived in this house for almost 30 years with a old-school doorbell...we'll just stick with that. LOL!

I did check that and the setting is set to on, but it still doesn't present me with an image. Oh well...I waisted enough time with this doorbell, time to return it. I don't need stress in my life. I lived in this house for almost 30 years with an old-school doorbell...we'll just stick with that. LOL!
So you’re going to give up on every other feature of the doorbell just because what is probably the least used generally doesn’t work for you?

I did check that and the setting is set to on, but it still doesn't present me with an image. Oh well...I waisted enough time with this doorbell, time to return it. I don't need stress in my life. I lived in this house for almost 30 years with a old-school doorbell...we'll just stick with that. LOL!
I've had the Nest Doorbell for several years, even before it became an app on my Hopper. I am alerted on my iPad and my IPhone each and every time some gets in the range of the doorbell itself and I can instantly see who is there. I don't need to be in front of the TV to see it. I can look out even when someone is not there.

I've had the Nest Doorbell for several years, even before it became an app on my Hopper. I am alerted on my iPad and my IPhone each and every time some gets in the range of the doorbell itself and I can instantly see who is there. I don't need to be in front of the TV to see it. I can look out even when someone is not there.
All of those functions worked, but my main reason to get it was for the instant popup image on the tv.

In the doorbell settings on hopper, delete the doorbell then relink nest and it should work.
and it doesn’t…. Mind you Nest is working as an app but the instant photo that used to work no longer does. For instant photo you didn’t need to be in the app. You could be on any channel and when someone rang your doorbell you would get a photo from the Nest camera showing you who was there. That would last about 10 seconds and fall off.

and it doesn’t…. Mind you Nest is working as an app but the instant photo that used to work no longer does. For instant photo you didn’t need to be in the app. You could be on any channel and when someone rang your doorbell you would get a photo from the Nest camera showing you who was there. That would last about 10 seconds and fall off.
Yea, I don't why it wouldn't be working. I installed a doorbell a few days ago and linked to a customers hopper and theirs is working fine.

Yea, I don't why it wouldn't be working. I installed a doorbell a few days ago and linked to a customers hopper and theirs is working fine.
Did you ring the doorbell and see yourself on the screen while the TV was tuned to a satellite channel or were you simply accessing the app and looking at the Nest camera live video.

I was not in the app, I was just watching regular TV and testing.

Did you ring the doorbell and see yourself on the screen while the TV was tuned to a satellite channel or were you simply accessing the app and looking at the Nest camera live video.
I was watching regular TV when testing the doorbell. I did not get an instant "image" popup, I got a popup asking if I wanted to view the camera...see the attached photo. And when I selected it, it took long enough that a person ringing the bell would of been gone. FYI...I have a very fast internet connection and great bandwidth around the house. The hopper has the latest updates.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 13
I was watching regular TV when testing the doorbell. I did not get an instant "image" popup, I got a popup asking if I wanted to view the camera...see the attached photo. And when I selected it, it took long enough that a person ringing the bell would of been gone. FYI...I have a very fast internet connection and great bandwidth around the house. The hopper has the latest updates.
I'm not even getting that.

Yes. Rang doorbell multiple times and it worked every time. I didn't happen to check software version but it was on a hopper w sling (hopper2). So it's possible it wasn't on latest software.

EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Trouble aiming 61.5