Hopper and Joey

Dreayanna1998

Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
Ferriday, La
I'm new to this and for some reason my daughters room is on Joey and it's taking up one of my tuners in the living room. How do I remove her room off my tuner. I have 2 other Joeys in my home and they are not on my tuner in the living room so why is she. Please help me somebody.

I'm new to this and for some reason my daughters room is on Joey and it's taking up one of my tuners in the living room. How do I remove her room off my tuner. I have 2 other Joeys in my home and they are not on my tuner in the living room so why is she. Please help me somebody.

I'm assuming you have two Hoppers?

If so then on her Joey remote hit menu, settings, network setup, whole home, then select the other hopper and link it. Then save

If you don't have two hoppers then the joeys share the hoppers tuners. So if she is watching on a Joey it use one tuner leaving two usable tuners on the hopper.

If you have a hopper/3 Joey setup then you might look into replacing a Joey with a super joey(2 more tuners) or another hopper(3 tuners plus an extra 2 GB hard drive recording space).

It's clear to me they have one hopper and three Joeys.

Drreayanna think about it - simple math. Your hopper has three tuners, one is used in the room with the Hopper, that leaves two tuners left for three Joeys. You need a second Hopper and one less Joey if you want four rooms watching live TV at the same time.

I don't find a single Hopper clear at all, based on the original post.... Maybe the OP has 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys and one of those Joeys is attached to Hopper number 1 while the other two are on on Hopper number 2....

I understand what you are saying, I would have thought there would be mention of a second Hopper.

Just by going with the limited information I would say that the OP only has one Hopper and they have run out of available tuners. I would need to know more details to say for sure what is going on though.

i would guess the OP only has 1 hopper and needs at least a Super Joey to make 5 tuners. Or a second hopper for 6 tuners.

Super Joey vs 2WIRE modem Firewall

Dish Puerto Rico programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts