Hopper 3 Software H375

I manually updated my two Hopper 3 receivers to software H375. My Joey 3 remained at J573.
I have not checked for a while but today I noticed that the MAC addresses of my two Hopper3 receivers and my Joey 3 client in my Netgear Nighthawk router all match the MAC address shown in the units.
I have signal protector turned on for both of my Hopper3 receivers but I have not been able to test it since my weather has been good.
I hope that if I ever have to go to a streaming solution that it can be with the Hopper3 since it is so easy to use compared to normal streaming. I am willing to pay more for an easy to use device such as the Hopper3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I manually updated my two Hopper 3 receivers to software H375. My Joey 3 remained at J573.
I have not checked for a while but today I noticed that the MAC addresses of my two Hopper3 receivers and my Joey 3 client in my Netgear Nighthawk router all match the MAC address shown in the units.
I have signal protector turned on for both of my Hopper3 receivers but I have not been able to test it since my weather has been good.
I hope that if I ever have to go to a streaming solution that it can be with the Hopper3 since it is so easy to use compared to normal streaming. I am willing to pay more for an easy to use device such as the Hopper3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, that I can't install the Signal Protector, because i have the Hopper Plus. Which to me, it isn't a big deal. My issue is trying to Hopper 3 Updates. I tried with the 375 Update, and it was a disaster. I had to do the Facebook Messenger Tech Support, in order to get it back my Programming. I got it back but it over an hour to get it back. What am I doing wrong, or is it the Hopper Plus the Issue. Or, could it be the Hopper 3 causing the issue. The tech told me to let it install itself. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: charlesrshell
I know, that I can't install the Signal Protector, because i have the Hopper Plus. Which to me, it isn't a big deal. My issue is trying to Hopper 3 Updates. I tried with the 375 Update, and it was a disaster. I had to do the Facebook Messenger Tech Support, in order to get it back my Programming. I got it back but it over an hour to get it back. What am I doing wrong, or is it the Hopper Plus the Issue. Or, could it be the Hopper 3 causing the issue. The tech told me to let it install itself. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
I agree with the tech, let it update itself. While the Hopper update could be manually updated, perhaps the Hopper+ could not or wasn't ready so there could be compatibility issues between the two. I think there is too much emphasis on manually doing these updates. The updates are set to go out to individual receivers for a reason.

I agree with the tech, let it update itself. While the Hopper update could be manually updated, perhaps the Hopper+ could not or wasn't ready so there could be compatibility issues between the two. I think there is too much emphasis on manually doing these updates. The updates are set to go out to individual receivers for a reason.
Thanks. I will it alone and let nature take its course

Yeah, let it install itself when it's time comes up to install the software.

I have to learn a lesson. BTW, how is the life expantancy of the Hopper 3. I have had mine maybe 9 or 10 years.
The hopper3 has only been out for 8 years. As with most electronics life expectancy varies. It depends on the components inside which in the tech world you can have 10 of the same component all made from same batch and each one fail at different times in a stress test.
Overall though as long as it's in a smoke free home with good electrical and not moved or banged around a lot you can easily get 10+ years.

Yeah, the Hopper 3 became available to the public in January, 2016. I’ve had mine that long and it continues to perform perfectly.
I've had the Hopper 3 for less than 3 years and there's always some spot on the hard drive where the picture starts messing up and I have to either go 30 seconds ahead or back to get away from it and clear it up. Also the updates suck. I'm watching a series I have recorded. When I try to start the next episode, it always blinks off and goes back to live TV. And then I have to go back in and start it again. All kinds of issues with skipping ahead and back or pausing. It either freezes the picture or what not. If it's a recorded show it goes back to live TV. All this started about 4-5 updates ago.

I've had the Hopper 3 for less than 3 years and there's always some spot on the hard drive where the picture starts messing up and I have to either go 30 seconds ahead or back to get away from it and clear it up. Also the updates suck. I'm watching a series I have recorded. When I try to start the next episode, it always blinks off and goes back to live TV. And then I have to go back in and start it again. All kinds of issues with skipping ahead and back or pausing. It either freezes the picture or what not. If it's a recorded show it goes back to live TV. All this started about 4-5 updates ago.
If it were an update issue we would hear a lot about it here. It may well be that you have a receiver issue. The first thing I would try is to unplug the Hopper for a minute and then plug it back in. This should clear any minor corruptions with the receiver. If that doesn't fix it then a replacement might be in order.

I have H375 and I still can't view individual recordings under a tile when they have the same name. I have to use a workaround such as deleting all of them and selectively restoring the one I want.

Both can be updated manually as they are independent of each other. I had updated both manually without issues.

The correct way to update the software is as follows for a Hopper 3 with Hopper Plus setup:

Hopper 3:
1) Press Home button 1x on remote
2) Select cogwheel on top right
3) On the settings menu, choose "DISH Settings"
4) Choose Diagnostics
5) Select Tools
6) Select "UPGRADE SOFTWARE"

Hopper Plus:
3) On the settings menu, choose "Device Preferences"
4) Select "About"
5) Select "Software Update"
6) It should check on it's own and the last update check should be the current date and time.
7) If not, select "Check for Update"

Last edited:
Both can be updated manually as they are independent of each other. I had updated both manually without issues.

The correct way to update the software is as follows for a Hopper 3 with Hopper Plus setup:

Hopper 3:
3) On the settings menu, choose "DISH Settings"
4) Choose Diagnostics
5) Select Tools
6) Select "UPGRADE SOFTWARE"

Hopper Plus:
3) On the settings menu, choose "Device Preferences"
4) Select "About"
5) Select "Software Update"
6) It should check on it's own and the last update check should be the current date and time.
7) If not, select "Check for Update"
Almighty1, updating the Hopper Plus software procedure is the same for the Joey 4s. Just updated my J4s and and WJ4s to the latest updates. Thanks for sharing info.

Reactions: Almighty1

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

Locals with Dish Perks