Hopper 3 remote won't turn off Samsung TV

Jerab

Original poster
Sep 16, 2024
Texas
We had our Hopper 3 exchanged for another one on Saturday and also added a new Polk surround sound. Every other TV works fine, but our Samsung model UN55KS800DF will not turn off when we press the Hopper 54.0 remote power button. I have gone into settings/remote and selected Samsung. I even entered our Samsung TV model number. We keep getting the message press any button to watch TV or the Hopper will go in standby mode.

I have contacted Dish Network and they were going to have me do the same thing to program the remote to the TV. They said since I've already done this, they need to send out a technician to enter a code. They can't come till tomorrow. Does anyone have any suggestions? We have to keep unplugging the TV to turn it off from standby mode.

We had our Hopper 3 exchanged for another one on Saturday and also added a new Polk surround sound. Every other TV works fine, but our Samsung model UN55KS800DF will not turn off when we press the Hopper 54.0 remote power button. I have gone into settings/remote and selected Samsung. I even entered our Samsung TV model number. We keep getting the message press any button to watch TV or the Hopper will go in standby mode.

I have contacted Dish Network and they were going to have me do the same thing to program the remote to the TV. They said since I've already done this, they need to send out a technician to enter a code. They can't come till tomorrow. Does anyone have any suggestions? We have to keep unplugging the TV to turn it off from standby mode.
Try this, go down to Advanced and type in 2051. See if that works.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We have remotes for the other TVs. The Dish Network technician is on his way.
This is a recent bug when a remote gets programmed for an Auxilery Audio device.
You have to use the Pairing Wizard (Settings\Remote Control\Tv\TV Pairing Wizard) Selecty Samsung, Next and when it's done Hit the TV Button on the side and then hit power and see if the TV goes off. It should or the 2nd code will. It's annoying, I know.

NOW, if you hit TV and the lights blink on top, hit SAT, back up to the screen where you clicked on TV, scroll down to Limited Mode and turn it off, then run the Wizard again.

This is a recent bug when a remote gets programmed for an Auxilery Audio device.
You have to use the Pairing Wizard (Settings\Remote Control\Tv\TV Pairing Wizard) Selecty Samsung, Next and when it's done Hit the TV Button on the side and then hit power and see if the TV goes off. It should or the 2nd code will. It's annoying, I know.

NOW, if you hit TV and the lights blink on top, hit SAT, back up to the screen where you clicked on TV, scroll down to Limited Mode and turn it off, then run the Wizard again.
We'll try that if the Dish tech can't get it to work. He's on his way here.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Hopper3 HDD swap

Dish Price Increases (2024-25)